Schiit Owners Unite
Feb 27, 2017 at 8:02 PM Post #12,481 of 13,350
  Thats what I thought it was but I was just confused since you have a Yggy there lol

I guess you feel that Mimby is worth the value.

You should be more confused by porkfried's pile of Schiit. He has three multibit Schiit DACs in there!

Feb 27, 2017 at 8:15 PM Post #12,483 of 13,350
Naturally....

Such as what?

How about 4 Analog Devices AD5781BRUZ chips instead of single Analog Devices AD5547CRUZ chip? You also get fully discrete JFET buffers. And a bunch of other changes I know nothing about....

Feb 27, 2017 at 8:17 PM Post #12,484 of 13,350
  I just went back to look, haha you are right there are 3 of them there!!!!!

What

The only question I have is "Yggy + Mimby" greater than "Gumby + Bimby + Mimby"?

Feb 27, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #12,486 of 13,350

I would say yes.
Since you have what is rated to be one of the best DAC's available today if not the best one (by some peoples opinions).
Everything else is irrelevant at that point in time lol

It was meant as a rhetorical question but I tend to agree with you!

Feb 27, 2017 at 8:47 PM Post #12,488 of 13,350
  Now if only I could get my Fulla 2 to stop with this popping.................................

I'm contemplating sending it back and just getting the Modi Multibit idk...

I really enjoyed my Mimby/Vali 2 stack of Schiit!

Feb 27, 2017 at 8:55 PM Post #12,489 of 13,350
  Now if only I could get my Fulla 2 to stop with this popping.................................

I'm contemplating sending it back and just getting the Modi Multibit idk...

Have you tried contacting schiit support? They are pretty awesome and would get you taken care of.

If you do decide to get a Mimby, you will not be disappointed. It is a seriously good little DAC.

Feb 27, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #12,493 of 13,350
  Have you tried contacting schiit support? They are pretty awesome and would get you taken care of.

If you do decide to get a Mimby, you will not be disappointed. It is a seriously good little DAC.

No I haven't I'm really busy coding but I suppose I'll reach out to them tomorrow.
I was kind of just hoping that it would go away with this new adapter, but its been about 5 hours of listening today and it still makes the same annoying popping noises :frowning2:

I'm about to try my phone charger again as a power source and hope for the best.

Feb 27, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #12,494 of 13,350
No I haven't I'm really busy coding but I suppose I'll reach out to them tomorrow.
I was kind of just hoping that it would go away with this new adapter, but its been about 5 hours of listening today and it still makes the same annoying popping noises :frowning2:

I'm about to try my phone charger again as a power source and hope for the best.

If there are no wireless transmitters nearby like a phone, wifi card, wireless printer, Bluetooth speakers, etc. and you try a phone charger and the popping problem persists, I would say your fulla 2 is probably faulty.

Feb 27, 2017 at 11:46 PM Post #12,495 of 13,350
If there are no wireless transmitters nearby like a phone, wifi card, wireless printer, Bluetooth speakers, etc. and you try a phone charger and the popping problem persists, I would say your fulla 2 is probably faulty.

I mean its connected to a laptop, my phone hasn't been near it yet.
Honestly none of these things should cause this type of interference, if they did then it would be a pretty poor device overall.
The only thing that I can understand causing interference is a cell phone on LTE sitting basically right on top of it, but my phone has been on the opposite side of the table so its more than a "safe distance" away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back