Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread
Sep 1, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #5,657 of 12,398
How fast was your Yggy shipped?

My order stated shipped on the week of the 22nd, but still, no shipping info is available yet Orz

black yggy lead time is different than silver. i had ordered a black one (option was available on the web site) and when i followed up several weeks later was told that they didn't know when it would be available but could ship a silver one the next day. i was impatient, so switched to silver . . . .

Sep 1, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #5,660 of 12,398
The Ragnarok runs extremely hot, especially on the back bottom area of the unit. I can't put my hand there for more than 5 seconds without feeling I am going to burn my self.
I'd recommend to leave the Ragnarok in a shelve by it self with free flowing air. If not possible, make sure there are ample spaces between the Ragnarok and any storage unit.

Sep 1, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #5,661 of 12,398
When will schiit redo the yggy with a volume control?? And also improve the SNR and noise floor so that it 'really' competes with the Chord DAVE. Yggy is such a great product ...so close to being fantastic.
My Yggy is TOTALLY silent....Black silent...even with headphones...I hear absolutely nothing but deep dark silence....I think it's your associated equipment! IMO! BTW it is a fantastic DAC!

I do feed my Yggy with a AES signal from my Audiobite Hydra Z DDC!

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #5,662 of 12,398
My Yggy is TOTALLY silent....Black silent...even with headphones...I hear absolutely nothing but deep dark silence....I think it's your associated equipment! IMO! BTW it is a fantastic DAC!

I do feed my Yggy with a AES signal from my Audiobite Hydra Z DDC!

Even my lowly Bimby with USB Gen 2 is dead silent. Plus, DACs are a source component which are usually fed into a preamp or an amp with level controls. Adding level control to Yggy would just unnecessarily add to its cost and add one more thing that would probably degrade the signal. Glad you love your Yiggy. I'm jealous )) But soon I'll at least have Gumby ))))

Sep 3, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #5,663 of 12,398
There's no problem stacking Ragnarok on top of Yggdrasil. It was meant to be that way. I have a fan on standby. If it gets too hot, I just turn on the fan for a while. After 3 months and 14 days, Yggdrasil still amaze me. Against my Rega RP8 with Apheta, it gets really close though I confess that I prefer what the tt dish out. Mahler No. 2 just sound excellent on both.

20170904_060137.jpg

Sep 5, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #5,667 of 12,398
Has anyone compared the Yggy to the Auralic Vega?

I owned the Vega for two years before owning the Yggy. Yggy has the Vega beat in every sound quality.
Vega was nice with it's pre-amp functions. I used it for volume control a lot.

165438.jpg

169049.jpg

FYI. I don't get overheating either and my Yggy is basically covered.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #5,668 of 12,398
Wow that's a nice setup! I see you have also a V281? How does it pair with the Yggy?

I got a very good offer on a new Vega+Taurus MkII combo so I am hesitating between that and a Yggy/Ragga solution.

Sep 5, 2017 at 11:04 PM Post #5,669 of 12,398
Wow that's a nice setup! I see you have also a V281? How does it pair with the Yggy?

I got a very good offer on a new Vega+Taurus MkII combo so I am hesitating between that and a Yggy/Ragga solution.

Yggy / V281 is beautiful. I desire no change to the sound.
I really don't know why I have a tube amp with that combo. Maybe just the glow.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back