ScubaMan’s First Headphone “Review”
Mar 4, 2023 at 8:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

ScubaMan2017

Headphoneus Supremus
I had a minor windfall… enough to buy another NICE headphone (not Audeze’s latest and greatest). My story: I met my first LCD… at a downtown HiFi shop near Yonge & Bloor (Streets). Frankly, I was underwhelmed. I made a rookie mistake - I listened to it on a noisy showroom floor (and not in an acoustically-treated room). “Meh”, I said to myself. Thanked the clerk profusely (he let some unannounced window shopper try >$3000 CAD cans without taking a deposit). And left. Then, ~2y ago, I visited a boutique shop on Avenue Road (south of Wilson). The owner let me sit in a quiet room with a pair (WHILE HE apparently LEFT the tiny showroom floor [you chose excellent resellers who can quickly judge a customer’s character, btw])… using my own head-amp (Fulla 2).

Okay… that was a different experience. Your product impressed me. I purchased a closed back pair (from your local CA-based competitor [silly, long story]). …and moved on.

Now (February/23), I picked up an LCD-3 with the carrying case. Directly from your (well designed shopping page). It arrived the next day(!?) and I picked it up from the FedEx depot. I took my LCD-3 home and showed it off to my spouse. They were impressed with the Pelican-like case. I became obsessed with the LCD’s wood housing. My Vali-2, Magni Heresy, and Lyr-2 drove them well! {{curious to see how the LCD-3 responds to my Valhalla-2 & Asgard-2}}.

I’ve zero buyer’s remorse! To my fellow head-fi ‘ers… consider this model. Their reputation is justified (to me).

##### end trans ########

Users who are viewing this thread

Back