Search In Classifieds Seems Off
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 14, 2021 at 5:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

holsen

Headphoneus Supremus
I recently came across a listing for a Shanling M3X in the classifieds and today when I wanted to find the post or listing again, I used the search bar using the search term "shanling" and many posts came up but not the one I was looking for. So I tied "M3X" and up it came, even though the post title was "Shanling M3X" - so, I suspect there may be an issue in the search algorithm - unless I'm missing something.

A side issue - What happened to our feedback scores from the old "Gear For Sales Threads" and how do we leave or receive feedback now?

Thanks BTW for an ABSOLUTELY GREAT resource & community

Apr 14, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #2 of 6
I found the Feedback scores but I havent figured out how to leave feedback. I just bought from another member, but cannot find anyway to leave him feedback or he for me...

Apr 15, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #3 of 6
Search has a lot of problems since the new forum software. You get different results if you sort by relevance or date. Often, direct hits that show up in relevance don't show up in sort by date at all.

Apr 15, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #4 of 6
Thank you both for the feedback on search. We'll be sure to share it with our team.

@holsen - with the new Head-Fi Classifieds system, feedback is accessible via the drop down menu located at the top of the listing. Simply click the "..." button and choose leave feedback on the closed listing to leave feedback and it will be added to the other party's total. Here's a link to our Classifieds FAQ for that specific question: https://www.head-fi.org/articles/head-fi-classifieds-faq-and-walkthrough.19757/#q8

Apr 15, 2021 at 4:31 PM Post #5 of 6
Thank you both for the feedback on search. We'll be sure to share it with our team.

@holsen - with the new Head-Fi Classifieds system, feedback is accessible via the drop down menu located at the top of the listing. Simply click the "..." button and choose leave feedback on the closed listing to leave feedback and it will be added to the other party's total. Here's a link to our Classifieds FAQ for that specific question: https://www.head-fi.org/articles/head-fi-classifieds-faq-and-walkthrough.19757/#q8
That's all clear now. Thanks! Last question on this topic. I made a purchase off the old system while it was still active and the item just arrived today. Is there a way for both me and seller to leave feedback for each other? If there is, I cant find it because all the old listings are closed off now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back