Selling/Trading thread/s initial ideas Tokyo forum
Oct 15, 2013 at 2:49 AM Post #17 of 35
So we will have D800 battle at the headphone festival too. Just got D800 + 24-70 f/2.8. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 1, 2013 at 9:54 AM Post #18 of 35
I'm selling all my Stax gear: 

SR-009: Mint. 30k yen. 
SR-007A: Mint. 11k yen. They were arnaud's and I think that is what I paid him. That, or $1100.
SR-007 MKI: Tatty and need new pads. $whatever I paid for them, which was $1300 or so I think. I'll check.

If nobody is interested I'll put them up on the forums but I'd rather sell them locally first. 

Nov 2, 2013 at 2:41 AM Post #19 of 35
Also, if someone wants to take over my BHSE order, I'm still waiting on it and it will be complete as soon as Justin gets the completed panels.

Nov 2, 2013 at 6:04 AM Post #20 of 35
What happened to you amos? Got hit by a high speed train full of planar phones or what!

I think sean was also indicating he could sway over to the orthos world for one of these higher end models (at least I can't imagine you guys hallucinating over an iem or other dynamic can to take you away from stats).

Hope this has nothing to do with the recent bushfire around the LL amp. If so, though, that's a sad day.

Nov 2, 2013 at 6:13 AM Post #21 of 35
A bunch of stuff, including that. I realised that, to be in the world of 'stats, to get a TOTL experience, you have to commit yourself to an expensive, tricky or dangerous amp and all the cards are held by the Mafia. Even after you succeed, all your money is committed to amps that only work with 'stats and a handful of headphones with little choice if they don't match the music you want to listen to. So staying with dynamic cans, especially as manufacturers are committing themselves to orthos, there is way more freedom and none of the elitist nonsense. 

Nov 2, 2013 at 8:21 AM Post #22 of 35
Not sure I follow you with the elitist nonsense but I understand about the bitter feeling in regards to some of the stax crowd.

I wish you the best in finding the same airy and speed qualities in ortho and other dynamic gear :wink:. If there's one thing you probably know as well as me, side or downgrading never ends up well for the wallet.

I also did not think you were of the type who enjoy more changing gear / always chasing then next best thing since sliced bread but more rational in your gear evaluation.

I am sure you'll get this gear (and your seat in the bhse order line) sold in a week on the forum so at least, you aren't taking a loss leaving the stat world... BTW, what color options did you have?

Nov 2, 2013 at 8:35 AM Post #23 of 35
The other thing is: the ALO Studio Six showed me how dynamic amps can be done right (though, mind you, it is a SET speaker amp in effect, so it should). Ken is a genuine enthusiast too. 

Nov 2, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #24 of 35
Humm, ok I think I get your point... Good luck with that, essential part is to keep it fun I think ...

Nov 2, 2013 at 9:13 AM Post #25 of 35
Absolutely right.  After spending a lot of time with everyone last weekend in Tokyo I felt I should focus my attention on enjoying the hobby with people who are looking to do things in a positive way.

May 22, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #26 of 35
It looks as if I'll be selling my Audio-gd Master 7 DAC if anyone is interested. I thought I'd give you guys first shot at it.

May 27, 2014 at 1:19 AM Post #28 of 35
Jun 13, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #29 of 35
I totally forgot about this thread, but if anyone wants to get a pair of Sr-009s, I have mine for sale. In addition I am selling my KGSSHV. Links in my Sig, and I would certainly hook anyone in Japan up with a bit of a discount.

In the next month or so I will also be trying to sell my Eddie Current Super 7 and Master 7 if anyone is interested in those as well.

Jun 13, 2014 at 6:45 AM Post #30 of 35
Damn, I would have been tempted a few months ago. I've sworn off Stax though.

I have a pair of SR007 MK1s that need new pads and headband arcs if anyone wants to buy those for US$1k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back