sennheiser 380 pro is better than dt 770?
Jan 3, 2013 at 5:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

thevisi0nary

New Head-Fier
I have the dt 770 but im still looking for others as i feel these are too heavy on the bass, i tried the 380 pro's and wow they seem very balanced. Anyone else share this opinion?

Jan 4, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #2 of 5
After they're broken in, the 380s sound as smooth and non fatiguing as my JBL studio monitor speakers. I actually prefer their sonic signature over my old audiophile setup (HD580s, Cardas cable, JMT Meta42 amp).

I've not heard the 770s, but I wouldn't want any more bass than what the 380s provide.I tried the bass monster IE8 IEMs and liked the more neutral IE7s better.

After 40+ years of being a professional musician, I need smoother, less trebly speakers and headphones that don't bother my constantly ringing (tinnitus) ears.

Jan 4, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
After they're broken in, the 380s sound as smooth and non fatiguing as my JBL studio monitor speakers. I actually prefer their sonic signature over my old audiophile setup (HD580s, Cardas cable, JMT Meta42 amp).
I've not heard the 770s, but I wouldn't want any more bass than what the 380s provide.I tried the bass monster IE8 IEMs and liked the more neutral IE7s better.
After 40+ years of being a professional musician, I need smoother, less trebly speakers and headphones that don't bother my constantly ringing (tinnitus) ears.

How about Shure SRH-840 compare with 380?

Jan 4, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #4 of 5
How about Shure SRH-840 compare with 380?
The 840s were my second choice after the 380s but they felt odd and much heavier on my head and ears. I'm not that impressed with their build quality either.

Personal preference in sound signature and fit/comfort had a lot to do with my decision to go with the Senns. They go for a little over a hundred refurbed and come with a really nice travel case. Several of my friends have bought them after hearing mine. They do need a long burn-in to bring out their best.

Jan 4, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #5 of 5
I only really grab my DT's when i listen to EDM, notably hardstyle. "better" is subjective for application.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back