Sennheiser Amperior vs HD600 vs HD650
Jun 28, 2013 at 3:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

helmutssss

New Head-Fier
Hello.

I'd like to know your thoughts on these 3 headphones - Amperior, HD600 and HD650. Which one do you prefer? I know that all of them are very good in mids and highs. But which one has the best bass? Bass is important to me because I mostly listen to Hiphop.
I'm new to Head-fi and I don't own any amps. Only Amperior can do well without an amp, so it gets a slight advantage there and now I'm more like buying the Amperior not the HD600/650.

Also, there is no way I can try them out because there are only a few stores (where they won't let me try them out) in Latvia that sell these kind of headphones.

Anyway, let me know what you think.

Jun 28, 2013 at 3:53 AM Post #2 of 3
I've had the Amperior in the past and currently have the HD650.  The Amperior's bass is much punchier and faster, while the HD650's bass is smoother and goes down lower.  I think it really depends on what type of music you plan to listen to.  The Amperior is brighter headphone that is much faster and punchy, making it probably better for metal and fast rock, while the HD650 is a bit more laid back and smooth, being better for RnB, acoustic rock, and classical. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back