Sennheiser GSX 1000 / 1200 Impressions
Sep 30, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #646 of 1,519
that defeats the purpose of what the GSX 1000 is intended for.... you are probably use to listening audio in stereo that you actually remember where the cues are coming from. Even if you expand the soundstage, you will still be getting an expanding stereo audio.

Oct 8, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #647 of 1,519
I've gotten myself the Creative AE-5 and owned it for some time now read below for some of my thoughts. Sound Demo is at the bottom.

First thing the Creative AE-5 is a 5.1 card and cannot output 7.1 despite showing so. The AE-5 does not support Dolby or DTS for spdif. It's software seems to have even less features compared to the Z & G5. Like the G5 the mic seems to have crystal voice on by default which cannot be turned off. The Creative AE-5 seems to use the most ram using up 130mb, the Creative Z uses 47mb the G5 uses the least with 36.8mb.

Now Comparing the AE-5 against the GSX 1000. The GSX 1000 will give you less problems, and is not some memory hog, positional sounds are very good & consistence unlike the z. Unfortunately it has it own problems not every games likes the gsx 1000. Dying Light is a example despite me using the mic from the Z to record, that how it actually sounds like in game. Does this mean my GSX 1000 is broken? No it does not, would the Z be broken because it gave me the highest clarity no it does not. Rather you should see it as certain games favouring a certain surround sound, in Dying Light case the SBX Pro is being favoured the most, while the GSX 1000 has gotten the crap end of the stick. Now other games just remain neutral with the GSX 1000 & SBX Pro.

In the end i think i would rather stay with the GSX 1000. The AE-5 does not sound natural as the Z or the GSX 1000 it has less features, useless rgb lights, does not like windows 10 updates which may introduce more problems & is only a 5.1 soundcard.

Oct 17, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #648 of 1,519
I use the GSX1000 in stereo mode with the Dolby Atmos plugin for W10 at the moment. I like the ease of use of the GSX1000 combined with my Sennheiser Game 1 but I prefer the Dolby Atmos for surround. Just watched Bladerunner 1 using this setup with the HD650 and can tell the Atmos Algorythms are working fine for me and this goes for games too.

Oct 17, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #649 of 1,519
The problem with dolby atmos is that it doesn't work for games, mostly because games don't see it as a surround output and just spit out stereo. Can't imagine the ungodly amount of processing you're doing if the stereo mode you're using is the stereo button on the GSX.

Oct 17, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #650 of 1,519
Oh, I can do the same using the STX mounted on the mainboard feeding my Meier amp. It does sound rather good to me, you might want to try yourself. It does sound better and more immersive as all other headphone surround simulations that I have tested so far, to me at least.

Oct 18, 2017 at 9:29 PM Post #654 of 1,519
I'd disconnect the device and remove the driver from the registry.
If that fails I'd delete the audio settings in the registry.
If that fails or above bricks the PC, I'd reinstall Windows.

Yes , but do you have the card ? can you test it ? I don't want to do anything, and reinstalling windows and later figuring it's windows issue then it's not smart at all. It doesn't happen with Asus Strix DLX RAID PCIE sound card. if I put 5.1 it stay 5.1 .

Oct 19, 2017 at 1:50 AM Post #656 of 1,519
It's not going to brick your PC, anyway the proper method of fixing those problems is to go to the device manager, locate the GSX, right click > uninstal, unplug the gsx from the usb, reboot, plug it back. Should be fixed after that.

Oct 19, 2017 at 2:09 AM Post #657 of 1,519
It's not going to brick your PC, anyway the proper method of fixing those problems is to go to the device manager, locate the GSX, right click > uninstal, unplug the gsx from the usb, reboot, plug it back. Should be fixed after that.
that's what I hoped for, believe me I tried everything I know. nothing fix it. I just need someone to tell me if he has the same issue, no one here install windows 10 fall creator updates?

It didn't fix it

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2017 at 2:55 AM Post #658 of 1,519
It's something with the Windows Audio Service, if I disable it and enable it, it reset it... so every restart when it will start the service it will reset the speaker configuration .... how to fix this thing

Oct 19, 2017 at 6:10 AM Post #659 of 1,519
It's something with the Windows Audio Service, if I disable it and enable it, it reset it... so every restart when it will start the service it will reset the speaker configuration .... how to fix this thing
This only affects the GSX1000, not your internal card?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back