Sennheiser GSX 1000 / 1200 Impressions
Jan 8, 2019 at 5:13 AM Post #1,351 of 1,519
What are the other numbers in front? Are they all the same? For example: 1.2.808 would be newer than 1.1.844, you can't just look at the last number alone.
If what you have is indeed an older version but are unable to update, you have to click on "Options" and then"Check for Updates" again.
Then you should be able to select the gsx update.

Yes they all the same . See here: https://imgur.com/a/DXrHWpA

Sennheiser replied to me. I still have wake from sleep issues with the device. But an easy way to wake it up funny enough is to load bfv and it wakes after origin loads. Or to just simply make sure it is set as default sound device while toggling the volume in task manager. Switching to usb2 stopped the not waking up on startup issue though.

I asked sennheiser what is different about this 844 firmware I have on my device vs the 808 which they claim is newest. They haven't replied back yet. ALthough Apparently none of them fixed the not waking of the device issue, which I also experienced with the previous device I owned. But I forgot that I had figured out toggling the volume would wake it also for the original device.

But the microphone clearly sounds better then previous device. Because if you look back in this thread I originally stated that I thought the side tone option was a fake option that did nothing. Now I can hear myself on mic loudly with it all the way up. Not sure if any difference in 7.1 from the previous device I owned. but it doesn't seem as muffled to me but that could be placebo, not sure.

I'm still keeping it this time around.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #1,353 of 1,519
ok think I know I why the gsx wakes up after loading origin or some other programs. Its because those programs use microphone. SO two ways to wake up the gsx or either toggling the volume slider in task manager when its set as default device. Or loading a program that uses microphone.

Jan 15, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #1,354 of 1,519
Its almost like EA reads these forums. They have now made the footsteps in bfv way louder, same now as it was in bf1. Even the rear sounds are louder to me. It sounds more like it did in bf1 . And now I will be returning the gsx 1000 once again, and for the last time this time.

my onboard now sounds better for postional sound again in bfv. no reason to burn a whopping overpriced 200 dollars in my pocket for no reason. Plus the fact it still has issues resuming from sleep, and my onboard has way more clarity makes me feel like a fool for keeping it.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #1,356 of 1,519
a few questions, I've read almost every page here since I own the thing for more than 1 year now ...

1) what's the final verdict on double-amping ? 50% main volume, 80% or 100% ? I plan to use a fiio A3 + DT770/80 pro and/or AKG K601
2) can I do it the other way around ? keep the A3 volume dial maxed and adjust the system % accordingly from the GSX/keyboard volume rocker ?
3) should I leave the sampling rate to 16bit 44.1khz and call it a day ? 2.0 HD seems pointless, I use the thing for local mp3s and FLACs( foobar2000 + WASAPI component ) - google music - youtube - bandcamp and games.
4) is the GSX DAC good enough or should i spend a bit more and get an usb headamp DAC combo instead of the A3 ?

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #1,357 of 1,519
a few questions, I've read almost every page here since I own the thing for more than 1 year now ...

1) what's the final verdict on double-amping ? 50% main volume, 80% or 100% ? I plan to use a fiio A3 + DT770/80 pro and/or AKG K601
2) can I do it the other way around ? keep the A3 volume dial maxed and adjust the system % accordingly from the GSX/keyboard volume rocker ?
3) should I leave the sampling rate to 16bit 44.1khz and call it a day ? 2.0 HD seems pointless, I use the thing for local mp3s and FLACs( foobar2000 + WASAPI component ) - google music - youtube - bandcamp and games.
4) is the GSX DAC good enough or should i spend a bit more and get an usb headamp DAC combo instead of the A3 ?

* bump * I'm about to pull the trigger on a black A5 - looks so sexy :D

edit : make it K5

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #1,358 of 1,519
Buy the GSX1000 ans and call it a day.

Feb 2, 2019 at 9:07 AM Post #1,359 of 1,519
there's a bit of background noise / hiss ( 80% GSX volume, high gain + 11 o'clock on the K5 volume knob ) tried different RCA cables - power cables and USB ports :/ it gets worse when I move the mouse around and/or press the windows button :S

is it normal ? should I RMA the GSX ?

here's a photo of my current setup for reference
mcNXUNB.jpg

Feb 2, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #1,360 of 1,519
there's a bit of background noise / hiss ( 80% GSX volume, high gain + 11 o'clock on the K5 volume knob ) tried different RCA cables - power cables and USB ports :/ it gets worse when I move the mouse around and/or press the windows button :S

here's a photo of my current setup for reference

I tried to do something like this while I was recording the GSX no matter what it would also get interference.

Feb 2, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #1,362 of 1,519
I will give it a shot ^ it could be the usb ports even though I use pretty decent motherboard and power supply thesedays ( corsair SF600 + asrock x370 fatal1ty mini-itx )
a) powered usb hub b) turn off onboard wi-fi c) turn off onboard bluetooth d) turn off wifi router e) do all 4 things simultaneaously and post back :)

Feb 3, 2019 at 4:48 AM Post #1,364 of 1,519

Do you use the latest firmware ?

I remember with the stock firmware i had some noise issues aswell. Completly fixed it when they released the little piece of software for update months ago.

Feb 3, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #1,365 of 1,519
Some people might find the slider that controls the mic input volume useful on the gsx1200, the gsx1000 has only the slider that controls voice volume from others. And this is not only for use with other gsx1200 devices, its completely functional on discord.

Also, ever since I bought this I've been using a limiter on equalizer apo for better footsteps and not too loud gunfire on games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back