Sennheiser Gurugram Delhi Office Audio Meet: October 2021
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 9, 2021 at 3:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

gadgetgod

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello friends,

Sennheiser India organized an amazing audio meet for us audio enthusiasts from Delhi today on 9th October 2021. Got to meet some amazing persons including @Sajid Amit Ji and many more. It was an amazing session where we all get to explore Sennheiser's products including their almighty Orpheus HE-1, HD800S, HD560S, HD650, and the legendary HDV820 headphone amplifier.

We all also bought some of our products to let everyone audition that includes Shure KSE1200, Oriolus Isabellae, Hifiman HE1000, Hifiman Ananda, Sony Z1r, Viento B, Oriolus Percevelli, Final Audio A8000, Campfire Audio Solaris, Shure SE846, 7Hz Timeless, KBEar Aurora, Kinera Skuld, Hifiman HE400SE, and the list just couldn't be completed by myself.

Sources today included, Topping A90+D90 Stack, Topping D50s+THX789. Portable sources were Cayin N6ii, Lotoo Paw 6k, Sony WM1Z, WM1A, Shanling M3X, FiiO M11 Plus LTD, and many more.

I will be sharing the thread with all the members that joined us today, most of them are here on Headfi and they will share their impressions with us.

As per me a brief and short impression,

Sennheiser Orpheus HE1:- If you think Money can't buy you happiness you need to listen to the Orpheus HE1. It is an amazing thing one can own with a lot of money.

Hifiman Ananda:- I have never heard such a bass response in an open-back hp period.

Audiotechnica ATH5000x:- Need a 3D soundstage with an immersive experience? like literally never heard before, grab the ATH5000x.

Shure KSE1200:- An IEM that reveals our music with all its will.

Sennheiser IE900:- A surprise for me, I wasn't expecting this to sound this good. Like literally wanna sell my kidney and grab this beauty.

Adding a few images from our meet today:-
IMG_0065 copy.jpg

That's me with the almighty Orpheus HE-1.

Now a few random images:-
11.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

Oct 10, 2021 at 2:09 AM Post #3 of 15
Feeling quite sore that I missed it...how was the IE900 and U12T?

Oct 10, 2021 at 3:40 AM Post #4 of 15
The IE900 was fantastic, came as a surprise to me. I was expecting it to be a bass cannon, but to my surprise, the IE900 delivered extremely good technical performance. The pair produced some of the best details I have ever heard.

About U12T I couldn't listen to it yesterday, was so much stuff that I missed it somehow :frowning2:

Oct 10, 2021 at 6:24 AM Post #5 of 15
Hello friends,

Sennheiser India organized an amazing audio meet for us audio enthusiasts from Delhi today on 9th October 2021. Got to meet some amazing persons including @Sajid Amit Ji and many more. It was an amazing session where we all get to explore Sennheiser's products including their almighty Orpheus HE-1, HD800S, HD560S, HD650, and the legendary HDV820 headphone amplifier.

We all also bought some of our products to let everyone audition that includes Shure KSE1200, Oriolus Isabellae, Hifiman HE1000, Hifiman Ananda, Sony Z1r, Viento B, Oriolus Percevelli, Final Audio A8000, Campfire Audio Solaris, Shure SE846, 7Hz Timeless, KBEar Aurora, Kinera Skuld, Hifiman HE400SE, and the list just couldn't be completed by myself.

Sources today included, Topping A90+D90 Stack, Topping D50s+THX789. Portable sources were Cayin N6ii, Lotoo Paw 6k, Sony WM1Z, WM1A, Shanling M3X, FiiO M11 Plus LTD, and many more.

I will be sharing the thread with all the members that joined us today, most of them are here on Headfi and they will share their impressions with us.

As per me a brief and short impression,

Sennheiser Orpheus HE1:- If you think Money can't buy you happiness you need to listen to the Orpheus HE1. It is an amazing thing one can own with a lot of money.

Hifiman Ananda:- I have never heard such a bass response in an open-back hp period.

Audiotechnica ATH5000x:- Need a 3D soundstage with an immersive experience? like literally never heard before, grab the ATH5000x.

Shure KSE1200:- An IEM that reveals our music with all its will.

Sennheiser IE900:- A surprise for me, I wasn't expecting this to sound this good. Like literally wanna sell my kidney and grab this beauty.

Adding a few images from our meet today:-
IMG_0065 copy.jpg
That's me with the almighty Orpheus HE-1.

Now a few random images:-
11.jpg
8.jpg
7.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
6.jpg
5.jpg
4.jpg
2.jpg
Great impressions

Oct 10, 2021 at 6:25 AM Post #6 of 15
The IE900 was fantastic, came as a surprise to me. I was expecting it to be a bass cannon, but to my surprise, the IE900 delivered extremely good technical performance. The pair produced some of the best details I have ever heard.

About U12T I couldn't listen to it yesterday, was so much stuff that I missed it somehow :frowning2:
Loved it, the IE900. Hope to drop detailed impressions on all the gears, soon.

Oct 10, 2021 at 6:39 AM Post #7 of 15
Loved it, the IE900. Hope to drop detailed impressions on all the gears, soon.
Thanks for coming sir <3 It was an amazing meet. Can't wait to hear your impressions on all the stuff we explored yesterday :)

Oct 10, 2021 at 9:26 AM Post #8 of 15
pulkitie900.jpg

Sennheiser IE900:- A Gem I was long unaware of!!
When the IE900 came out there was a lot of hype around this set, many of the reviewers called this a bass cannon or something to satisfy your bass needs. Me, ever since I am in this hobby, overpowered bass is what I avoid the most(Yes I love it for some short fun sessions) but in the long run, I always crave a natural-sounding set. So yesterday, I was least interested in trying out the IE900(obviously I was interested but not too much to push for it). But once I put it into my ears, I just couldn't give it to someone else, I was like okay let me spend the rest of the day with this gem here, please.

In my opinion, IE900 is not a bass cannon as everyone said it is upon its launch, rather the pair has a very controlled presentation in the lower end with impactful punches hitting at every single beat. The main attraction of this set is its technical performance, my god, this is one of the most detailed sets I have heard to date. Moreover, the presentation was so smooth that it was giving me goosebumps with every single track I listened to it.

I simply wish someday I could buy this for myself, as for now, I have good memories of about 30-45 minutes I spent with the set yesterday.

Thanks to Abhinav Kashyap Bhai for bringing his personal unit yesterday and organizing the meet for us!!

Oct 10, 2021 at 10:35 AM Post #9 of 15
Great impressions indeed!

Yes, IE900 was really a true revelation (just can’t get it out of my head!).
It had the slams of Z1R sans the somewhat uncomfortable ear invasion along with the technical chops of U12t..all packaged in a nifty 4g package!

Thank you all for an excellent day!

Oct 10, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #10 of 15
Great impressions indeed!

Yes, IE900 was really a true revelation (just can’t get it out of my head!).
It had the slams of Z1R sans the somewhat uncomfortable ear invasion along with the technical chops of U12t..all packaged in a nifty 4g package!

Thank you all for an excellent day!
True sir!!

It was a pleasure meeting you!!

Oct 10, 2021 at 12:22 PM Post #11 of 15
Ie900 follows the perfect bass shelf
U12t is warmer in mids and is kinda relaxed in uppermids whereas IE900 is like presence is taken furthur away and gives you soundscape and then compensated by lower treble which gives cymbal and other instrument the area to shine..
U12t has more shimmer whereas IE900 has better cymbal fundamentals

IE900 will make you relax and enjoy stage as audiophile iem while u12t would be more like slightly relaxed pro iem monitor

Oct 10, 2021 at 12:58 PM Post #12 of 15
Ie900 follows the perfect bass shelf
U12t is warmer in mids and is kinda relaxed in uppermids whereas IE900 is like presence is taken furthur away and gives you soundscape and then compensated by lower treble which gives cymbal and other instrument the area to shine..
U12t has more shimmer whereas IE900 has better cymbal fundamentals

IE900 will make you relax and enjoy stage as audiophile iem while u12t would be more like slightly relaxed pro iem monitor
Agree with this, as a former owner of the U12t

Oct 12, 2021 at 12:21 PM Post #14 of 15
Great to see you guys.. auditioning the Orpheus must be an experience in itself.. someday I hope to audition!
@prakulsethi took the u12t from me, glad it made it to the meetup :)

Cheers!
Hope we see you next time mate!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back