Sennheiser HD 600 Fix - London Headphone Fix?
Oct 8, 2021 at 4:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

dogucanb

New Head-Fier
Hello!

I got a pair of HD600 from a neighbour which is not working right now. He mentioned that it is because of the connection, cable. Is there anyone here that fix headphones in London? I am trying to understand if it worths the effort :)

What do you guys think?
Cheers!

Oct 8, 2021 at 4:45 AM Post #2 of 7
All the spare parts are sold by Sennheiser and its quite easy to fix. But i would direct you to https://www.customcans.co.uk shoot them a mail and im sure they will sort it for you.

Oct 8, 2021 at 7:12 AM Post #4 of 7
Thanks! I will contact them :) I've tried it and it is only working from one side. I know this is quite vague but do you think that it is cable related?
Try to connect the other cable in the broken side. For example, if the "L" side is broken, use only the "R" cable in that side to see if works.

Oct 23, 2021 at 12:09 PM Post #5 of 7
Sounds similar to an issue I had with an HD600. It might be the cable that is responsible for the problem. The HD600 is a very delicate headphone, you need to handle it with care and particularly when disconnecting/reconnecting the L/R channel cables. Those little prongs can bend with too much force, you need to be careful. Sometimes they do not go all the way in easily, so my advice to you would be to make sure they are connected to your headphone properly, and if they are and they aren't bent, then we can assume the problem is with the driver.
hp-sennheiser-hd600-02__71276.1575658690.jpg

Oct 23, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #6 of 7
Love Custom Cans - but if they do a cable it won't be cheap.

If you go for it, try to hear it on an OTL amp, it's an amazing thing compared to transistors.

Oct 23, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #7 of 7
Love Custom Cans - but if they do a cable it won't be cheap.

If you go for it, try to hear it on an OTL amp, it's an amazing thing compared to transistors.
Yes & Yes. [My two favourite cables for HD600 are Custom Cans (ultra low capacitance) and Forza Audio Works Noir Hybrid.]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back