Sennheiser HD 630VB Review - First Impressions
Aug 13, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #347 of 737
Aug 13, 2015 at 3:21 AM Post #348 of 737
Should have bought a 250 while they were still available... Still looking for a good used one.

They brought them back once they
could do it again. But Sennheiser after a different more profitable market now. Headphones are primarily a fashion statement to many.

Aug 13, 2015 at 3:27 AM Post #349 of 737
Yes, Beyer have a different product strategy.

Were it not for the disappearance of key suppliers, they'd still be making the DT48 (the LS3/5A of headphones)!

Aug 17, 2015 at 6:14 AM Post #350 of 737
Certainly not one for on the go, more for comfortable listening at home.

This is true, but only partially. We've recently reviewed HD 630 VB. These headphones are comfortable, despite the fact that they are quite heavy. Yes, they are better for home use. Their mobility comes from the fact that they don't need a power amp and sound well connected to the smartphone or tablet. In our opinion, they can be portable, but they are more suitable for home listening.

Beyerdynamic T5p are typically mobile, so it's hard to compare them with HD 630 VB. These Sennheisers are much more similar to Oppo PM-3. Their performance is comparable, especially because of the neutral tonal balance. PM-3 are slightly smaller, lighter - more 'portable', but HD 630 VB are easier to drive by mobile devices.

Aug 17, 2015 at 6:41 AM Post #351 of 737
This is true, but only partially. We've recently reviewed HD 630 VB. These headphones are comfortable, despite the fact that they are quite heavy. Yes, they are better for home use. Their mobility comes from the fact that they don't need a power amp and sound well connected to the smartphone or tablet. In our opinion, they can be portable, but they are more suitable for home listening.

Beyerdynamic T5p are typically mobile, so it's hard to compare them with HD 630 VB. These Sennheisers are much more similar to Oppo PM-3. Their performance is comparable, especially because of the neutral tonal balance. PM-3 are slightly smaller, lighter - more 'portable', but HD 630 VB are easier to drive by mobile devices.

Could you say something about the inner size of the earpads? Are they larger than the Momentum 2 over ears? Those are too small for me.

Aug 18, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #353 of 737
HD250 are one of my favorite-looking headphones, wish I had a pair of my own... "eye of the beholder" and all that, I guess.
Wish Beyer made some portable design concessions with T5P- cups that rotate flat for neck-wear or something- brings back many awkward memories of trying to use my 770s as portables

630VB were just added to the buyer's guide: http://www.head-fi.org/a/head-fi-buying-guide-over-ear-headphones#user_sennheiser_hd-630vb

I guess that means they'll be shipping soon?

Aug 18, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #354 of 737
  HD250 are one of my favorite-looking headphones, wish I had a pair of my own... "eye of the beholder" and all that, I guess.
Wish Beyer made some portable design concessions with T5P- cups that rotate flat for neck-wear or something- brings back many awkward memories of trying to use my 770s as portables

630VB were just added to the buyer's guide: http://www.head-fi.org/a/head-fi-buying-guide-over-ear-headphones#user_sennheiser_hd-630vb

I guess that means they'll be shipping soon?

My dad used to have a pair of HD540 Gold's,  that was pure luxury and still one of the prettiest headphones to me.

Aug 22, 2015 at 7:23 PM Post #355 of 737

Aug 27, 2015 at 2:11 AM Post #358 of 737

Do you have a more detailed comparison between the PM-3 and HD 630 VB? :)

Aug 30, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #360 of 737
People who said this looks ugly, how old are you? This is obviously targeted to millenials and Gen Z, so I'm quite curious if older people find this ugly. I personally find it pretty cool looking (I'm 24 this year).

Right side cable entry also makes sense since I usually put my phone/DAP in my right pocket, so this would reduce cable tangling. The cable not being removable kinda sucks though.

I am 30 years older than you and I do like its appearance. I most likely will not use it outdoors while sipping a hot mug of coffee, but the non-detachable cable is indeed a major consideration specially where I live wherein Senn's repair facility is not inexpensive and not very accessible.

To each his own, really. Even the branding does not bother me. For at the end of the day, a thousand folks with contrasting opinion has no sway if my ears and my budget get to decide if the sound is worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back