Sennheiser HD25-1 II - Need help choosing a cable upgrade
Mar 23, 2014 at 2:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Montyburns

100+ Head-Fier
Just got a set of HD25's and have finished burning them in for about 20 hours. With the stock setup, the bass is fun, but the treble has a lot to be desired. Vocals are little muffled and I'd like to add a little sibilance with a replacement cable. I am amping an iPod touch with an ALO Triple Pipe LOD and a C&C BH2.

I see quite a range out there of replacement cables for this headphone. Whiplash has one for $468.00. Oyaide has many. And I see in the forums that some folks use a stock cable from other models. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mar 24, 2014 at 8:10 AM Post #3 of 3
I have multiple sets of headphones, Triple Fi 10's, HE-300's, Audio Zero Carbo Bassos, etc., but I wanted to try a set of on-ear and these were pretty popular here. However, it looks like everyone modded theirs in some way - the thing that made them so popular is that they are easy to mod. I put an aftermarket cable on my Triple Fi's and was thrilled after hearing the difference. Felt like a brand new product. I will take a look at your recommendations though. Can't have enough headphones for some reason.
dt880smile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back