Sennheiser IE 8 - How long does warranty take?
Jan 16, 2013 at 2:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

iOnlyEatMusic

100+ Head-Fier
My friends IE 8 broke and it's only been about 8 months. He asked me to do the service request for him so  I created a request, and added the JPEG of a picture of the receipt from J&R. 

Now I printed out the shipping label and I inserted the earphones themselves and a printed note with the service request number on it inside. 

Do I simply ship it out and they will ship back a replacement?
Does anyone know how long it takes to get one back?

On the receipt it has my friends dads name on it, since it was paid with a credit card but the shipping return address is to me since my friend asked me to simply have them return it back to me so that I can give it to him when it comes through. 

Will there be any problems?

Jan 16, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #2 of 5
What city did you send them to and from where?

From what I have heard, it may be like a 2 week turnaround.

What happened to them to break?? 

Jan 16, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #3 of 5
If they can't repair them you will probably get ie80 as replacement. The time varies depending on where you live.

Jan 16, 2013 at 6:17 PM Post #4 of 5
The left ear piece cracked and a part of it fell off. Only the single part that you put into your ear fell off. 

I PM'd the Senn Representative on this forum and they said they would honor any repair and replacement as long as its under warranty but I was just curious on how long they would take. 

Most people on this forum said they ship back a replacement in under a week. 

I'm located in NYC and its sent to MA. 

Jan 16, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
The left ear piece cracked and a part of it fell off. Only the single part that you put into your ear fell off. 

I PM'd the Senn Representative on this forum and they said they would honor any repair and replacement as long as its under warranty but I was just curious on how long they would take. 

Most people on this forum said they ship back a replacement in under a week. 

It depends on how long it takes your package to get to them. So if it takes a week to get there you can expect it to take a couple weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back