Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Jan 9, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #4,606 of 7,998
@Caruryn 

So, Colorfly is better than DX80 when coupled with IE800? It's a tough choice. Your recommendation is appreciated 
normal_smile .gif

Jan 9, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #4,607 of 7,998
  @Caruryn 

So, Colorfly is better than DX80 when coupled with IE800? It's a tough choice. Your recommendation is appreciated 
normal_smile .gif

No one heard it.In the C10 thread it is said to have C4 sound in a smaller package.If that is true and given the synergy of C4 with ie800(search on web),that's a safe bet.Frankly it would be the best choice imo given the musicality and detail of C4.I would recommend also Lotoo Paw 5000 but http://www.head-fi.org/products/lotoo-paw-5000/reviews/14728 no good synergy with ie800 apparently.

There
http://www.head-fi.org/t/764823/colorfly-c10-colorfly-is-back/30#post_11723210

Jan 9, 2016 at 11:55 AM Post #4,608 of 7,998
@Caruryn 

normal_smile .gif

If you are treble sensitive, get a Fiio E12A amp, it solves all treble problems. It is pretty inexpensive, and you can pair it with almost anything that has a line out. The synnerhy with Ie800 is amazing, even more so if you want a smooth, organic, mid-centric presentation with lots of bass

Jan 9, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #4,609 of 7,998
I think i will buy Colorfly C10 and FiiO E12a, because you really defined my prefered sound signature. So, it's worth to try, imho :beerchug:
DX80 will wait for now.
@Dobrescu George @Caruryn @HİFİChris Thank you for your precious recommendations.

Jan 9, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #4,610 of 7,998
I think i will buy Colorfly C10 and FiiO E12a, because you really defined my prefered sound signature. So, it's worth to try, imho
beerchug.gif

DX80 will wait for now.
@Dobrescu George @Caruryn @HİFİChris Thank you for your precious recommendations.

I hope it will fit your needs!

It is hard to fiind the right combination sometimes, because for example, with a Fiio X5II, the treble is more accentuated, mids are a bit less forward, and bass is much more linear, sound is more precise, and looses some of it's analogue sound. I think that other people can complete this statement. But also, when describing E12A, I was using X5II to feed line out to it 
biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #4,611 of 7,998
I think i will buy Colorfly C10 and FiiO E12a, because you really defined my prefered sound signature. So, it's worth to try, imho
beerchug.gif

DX80 will wait for now.

A good choice but wouldn't that be just $100 shy of chord mojo?If you're gonna stack,phone +mojo will give you more transparent,detailed and hifi sound.I haven't heard it yet but when mojo > Qp1r>ZX2 the choice is easy. 

Jan 9, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #4,612 of 7,998
@Dobrescu George @Caruryn

I must admit that writing post from cellphone is so suffering and annoying :bigsmile_face:
I am not able to sign in through tapatalk because of network problems.

Unfortunately, Mojo is out of my budget. I will buy them (C10 and E12A) in different time periods. So, i can't afford the aforementioned products at once.

According to your statements, X5ii is a candidate which is close to be eliminated from my list.
Btw i'm just curious, how about hm650? Did you audition it?

Jan 9, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #4,613 of 7,998
@Dobrescu George @Caruryn

I must admit that writing post from cellphone is so suffering and annoying
bigsmile_face.gif

I am not able to sign in through tapatalk because of network problems.

Unfortunately, Mojo is out of my budget. I will buy them (C10 and E12A) in different time periods. So, i can't afford the aforementioned products at once.

According to your statements, X5ii is a candidate which is close to be eliminated from my list.
Btw i'm just curious, how about hm650? Did you audition it?

X5II should be on top of your list. The sound is extremely clean, extremely well detailed, and the DAC inside is one of the best in the world. If you do not like sparkly treble and want more bass, more mids, you should also use an AMP, but X5II as a DAC will do it;s job better than most competition out there, I mean, it should be among the best ever made. I would rather get an X5II as a DAC than either any hifiman or ibasso or any AK. The reason is simple: Ibasso has poor battery, and other problems, I really dislike hifiman build and how they look, and AK... Well, for the price of a AK 240 i could as well get a Chord Hugo, which is better, no matter which way you look at it. Also instead of an AK 380 (I thought it was a joke at first, considering said price) I would rather get a Hugo + Fiio X7 setup. 

It is not that I hate AK DAPs, but they cost a lot, and by a LOT I mean a LOT

So, you should actually really consider a Fiio all - stack, but I guess that C10 was recommended to be used alone, and it should escape the need for a stack, but I am yet to read about it's exact signature. Seems interesting, but again, how it looks, how it is supposed to be operated is really a let-down for me. I got used pretty hard to X5 series, coming from all touch screens, but the build quality was stellar (all metal, and sturdy buttons,) and menu, UI, and functionality was very reliable. 

As it was stated before, maybe Mojo would be the safest bet, a fiio X7 would also be safe, but very very expensive 
biggrin.gif

All in all, a first gen X5 (if you can fiind one) was more bassy, with a more tamed high end than the second gen X5. 

Jan 9, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #4,614 of 7,998
What an informative post, thank you mate.

I agree that Ak's are overpriced. I think using the X5ii with an amp will suit my needs. If you state that listening through X5ii without an amp cause accentuated highs and lose of analogue sound, then it is not my cup of tea.
By the way, English isn't my main language, therefore i can miss the point. Sorry about that. But i got the idea :)

Jan 10, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #4,615 of 7,998
What an informative post, thank you mate.

I agree that Ak's are overpriced. I think using the X5ii with an amp will suit my needs. If you state that listening through X5ii without an amp cause accentuated highs and lose of analogue sound, then it is not my cup of tea.
By the way, English isn't my main language, therefore i can miss the point. Sorry about that. But i got the idea :)

X5 and X5ii are great with ie800s. If you need an amp from the start you are buying the wrong gear IMO. To greatly improve on X5's a Mojo can be added later, where the DAC is different class and doesnt need further amplification.

Jan 10, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #4,616 of 7,998
I'm kind of thinking along the same lines... but I'm thinking of either going the Fiio X7 or Chord Mojo route.  I could use a X5i as a transport for the Mojo, but I suppose I'd need to do research on X7 vs Mojo sound quality.  I know I've read that the Mojo can get you to 90% or so of the Hugo, which is something I would LOVE to have, but doubt I'd be willing to spend the money on.

Jan 10, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #4,617 of 7,998
I'm kind of thinking along the same lines... but I'm thinking of either going the Fiio X7 or Chord Mojo route.  I could use a X5i as a transport for the Mojo, but I suppose I'd need to do research on X7 vs Mojo sound quality.  I know I've read that the Mojo can get you to 90% or so of the Hugo, which is something I would LOVE to have, but doubt I'd be willing to spend the money on.

I think that it would be fair to consider that X5II gives already 95% of Hugo sound, it would be hard to express in procentajes, but there is little to actually add after X5II, mostly it would be a change of signature instead of making things clearer. I tested both in depth, the only I did not test is Mojo, but I can say that X5II is already very close to Hugo. X7 has more than one amp module and this might be it's selling point and it's thing, because AMPs tend to change signature much more than DACs in general.

Jan 10, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #4,618 of 7,998
@Dobrescu George Considering I already have the 1st gen X5, I'd kind of want to take a step further than the 2nd gen X5.  My consideration for the Mojo is it should handle anything I have quite well, and I'm curious about the X7 mainly due to the modules you mentioned, I'm intrigued by the versatility.  I may decide I'm in a good enough place and get a decent closed headphone like the ZMF Vibro instead.

Jan 10, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #4,619 of 7,998
  @Dobrescu George Considering I already have the 1st gen X5, I'd kind of want to take a step further than the 2nd gen X5.  My consideration for the Mojo is it should handle anything I have quite well, and I'm curious about the X7 mainly due to the modules you mentioned, I'm intrigued by the versatility.  I may decide I'm in a good enough place and get a decent closed headphone like the ZMF Vibro instead.

I will hear more in depth X7 very soon, but mojo is not on sight to come to Romania, so I guess that I cannot really offer a good piece of advice. I had not heard ZMF Vibro either, and until you mentioned in this thread, I had not known of it's existence. 

Jan 10, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #4,620 of 7,998

I will hear more in depth X7 very soon, but mojo is not on sight to come to Romania, so I guess that I cannot really offer a good piece of advice. I had not heard ZMF Vibro either, and until you mentioned in this thread, I had not known of it's existence. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/8985#post_12240088

Users who are viewing this thread

Back