Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
May 10, 2021 at 10:19 PM Post #18 of 4,854
In-Ears are very popular in Asia, but that doesn’t mean Sennheiser isn’t a worldwide company.
Yep, much bigger market....same for all other companies. Probably 80% of the world market. Sennheiser told me their earphones are considered very prestigious in Asia.

May 10, 2021 at 11:20 PM Post #19 of 4,854
Could this be Sennheiser's swan song offering after the sale to Sonova?

May 10, 2021 at 11:28 PM Post #21 of 4,854
The IE800 also a cable design that is a bit baffling. Have you ever seen that Farside comic strip with the devil prodding the guy to choose between two versions of eternal damnation? A headphone cable should be removable or fixed, halfway just doesn't make sense. lol

May 11, 2021 at 2:52 AM Post #24 of 4,854
Sennheiser will realease a HD900 before, Sonova take the audiophile line ? I am looking for a Historical headphone release like HD600 in 1997 or HD800 in 2008. That would be a final goodness from sennheiser before they move away from audiophile headphones..

May 11, 2021 at 3:13 AM Post #25 of 4,854
Sennheiser will realease a HD900 before, Sonova take the audiophile line ? I am looking for a Historical headphone release like HD600 in 1997 or HD800 in 2008. That would be a final goodness from sennheiser before they move away from audiophile headphones..

Yep, long overdue. But I'm still excited about the IE 900.

May 11, 2021 at 6:11 AM Post #28 of 4,854
It's very good looking thats for sure
It has a combination of a satin surface finish that’s easy to see in person, and then those “terraced” levels that are easy to see in photos. It’s nice!

Very cool. I was expecting sennheiser to release a few new high end models to their range in the next 1-years because of their move away from consumer products and newfound focus on professional & hifi products.

If anything, this is Sennheiser’s action proving that they have been continuously working and innovating on new products (this one took a few years to perfect), and had no intentions of abandoning the Consumer space, including audiophile and affordable headphones. Internally, the Consumer employees (and contractors like me) are excited about the Sonova partnership, because both companies wanted to grow and make a bigger impact in the headphone world (over ear, on ear, in-ear). Sonova wants to see a flourishing Sennheiser Consumer Electronics, and that means exciting new products, as well as potentially more community interaction and demonstrations. Now, pending approval and formalization later this year, they will be pooling their resources of capital and talent. It’s all “Good News!”

May 11, 2021 at 6:48 AM Post #29 of 4,854
If anything, this is Sennheiser’s action proving that they have been continuously working and innovating on new products (this one took a few years to perfect), and had no intentions of abandoning the Consumer space, including audiophile and affordable headphones. Internally, the Consumer employees (and contractors like me) are excited about the Sonova partnership, because both companies wanted to grow and make a bigger impact in the headphone world (over ear, on ear, in-ear). Sonova wants to see a flourishing Sennheiser Consumer Electronics, and that means exciting new products, as well as potentially more community interaction and demonstrations. Now, pending approval and formalization later this year, they will be pooling their resources of capital and talent. It’s all “Good News!”
Hope you refer to New flagship headphone hd900 :D . It is shame that Focal who started only in 2016 the headphone business put in shame the legendary hd800S with the Utopia . I hope Sennheiser Will strike back with even better headphone :)

May 11, 2021 at 7:01 AM Post #30 of 4,854
Could this be Sennheiser's swan song offering after the sale to Sonova?
Nope. Just getting started.

Hope you refer to New flagship headphone hd900 :D . It is shame that Focal who started only in 2016 the headphone business put in shame the legendary hd800S with the Utopia . I hope Sennheiser Will strike back with even better headphone :)
🤣 Good one!

Looking forward to Crincale review. As as a lone time owner of IE800, I'm glad the design changed as I couldn't get a consistently good seal with IE800.
For context, fit is identical to IE 300. The reviews that mention fit are positive. The cable orientation and nozzle angle give it a pocket-like seal. Hope you get to try one!

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back