Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
Jul 23, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #1,861 of 4,849
Hey Raypin! How is your HE-1 treating you?
Mm…still treating me mighty fine. Thank you for asking. Everything is nominal. Tubes still going strong. Biggest issue right now is Sennheiser’s consumer headphone division being sold. I wonder who is going to handle the servicing/supply of consummables (tubes, pads) for the HE 1 with the change of ownership. I ve been meaning to write Sennheiser about this.

Jul 23, 2021 at 2:27 PM Post #1,862 of 4,849
Oh! Well, quick answer as I just helped someone else buy a full set of matched replacement tubes, parts and service are still handled by the same people and section of Sennheiser as always. In the US (According to your profile, you’re in San Francisco, right?), you can call the service center at 1-877-736-6434 extension 1.
Think of the partnership with Sonova as adding resources and expertise, not anything being taken away :)

Jul 24, 2021 at 2:25 PM Post #1,863 of 4,849
Okay ... have had the IE900s for about a week. Liked 'em quite a lot from initial listen. Using the SMALL FOAMs, here.
That YouTube comment by Passion-For-Sound made about unequal foam for each piece in the matched pair of the STOCK tips is beginning to sound true. Haven't weighed them ... but the molding (rolling between two finger tips) is unequal ... I can mold the left foam tip (stays that shape for 5 sec), but the right tip does not. This does affect how well they (each) insert into each L/R ear canal.

Jul 24, 2021 at 5:12 PM Post #1,864 of 4,849
This track from Meat Beat Manifesto is excellent for testing IE900 capability - complex drum programming, deep subbass, and the ragga style vocals sound stunning.

Spotify link below, grabbed the album myself from Bandcamp.

Jul 24, 2021 at 11:33 PM Post #1,865 of 4,849
This track from Meat Beat Manifesto is excellent for testing IE900 capability - complex drum programming, deep subbass, and the ragga style vocals sound stunning.

Spotify link below, grabbed the album myself from Bandcamp.

Seen them live twice.

Jul 25, 2021 at 12:23 AM Post #1,866 of 4,849
Hey all, I dropped by the Sennheiser store today to demo the IE900. It definitely was not a boring listening session. I posted some further impressions in my thread here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/precogs-iem-reviews-impressions.937468/post-16471601

4C6AAA6F-0BCB-492E-8607-5E3A6E0A97DA.jpeg

Jul 26, 2021 at 7:20 AM Post #1,868 of 4,849
i really torn between using stock silicon tips vs stock foam tips on my ie900... does anyone have a general idea of how foam tips will affect the sound? (i generally always use silicon) this is the first time ever the foam tips fit me better lol
Its down to individual preference. I don't use the included foam tips but Comply foam tips. The Comply tips tame the sibilance that can be present with the ie900 and give a better overall sound balance so for me its only foam tips with ie900.

Jul 28, 2021 at 4:00 AM Post #1,870 of 4,849
i really torn between using stock silicon tips vs stock foam tips on my ie900... does anyone have a general idea of how foam tips will affect the sound? (i generally always use silicon) this is the first time ever the foam tips fit me better lol
I like the sound using the medium foam and medium silicone. Luckily I can achieve a good seal with the silicone and it’s my preferred option. I find the silicone sounds more open, more detailed and has a better sense of space and realism.
It’s like I’m listening to the best iems in the world with foam vs them disappearing and I just hear perfect music with the silicone.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2021 at 4:02 AM Post #1,871 of 4,849
I like the sound using the medium foam and medium silicone. Luckily I can achieve a good seal with the silicone and it’s my preferred option. I find the silicone sounds more open, more detailed and has a better sense of space and realism.
Also I suggest trying out different aftermarket silicone tips. The stock tips didn't fit me that well, but there are plenty that do (Acoustune, Spiral Dot, Sedna) each with their own sound character.

Jul 28, 2021 at 4:07 AM Post #1,872 of 4,849
Also I suggest trying out different aftermarket silicone tips. The stock tips didn't fit me that well, but there are plenty that do (Acoustune, Spiral Dot, Sedna) each with their own sound character.
If I wasn’t so happy with the sound and comfort from the stock I would of already tried a few by now. Of those you recommend, which is closest to stock silicone sound? I might try some just to make sure I’m not somehow missing out on that extra 1%

Jul 28, 2021 at 4:11 AM Post #1,873 of 4,849
If I wasn’t so happy with the sound and comfort from the stock I would of already tried a few by now. Of those you recommend, which is closest to stock silicone sound? I might try some just to make sure I’m not somehow missing out on that extra 1%
Not sure about closest to stock silicone because stock never fit me very well, but Acoustune AET07 are my current favourites. Sedna EarFit offer a more contrasty, punchy sound, while Spiral Dots are slightly more diffuse and airy but super comfortable.

Jul 28, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #1,874 of 4,849
Not sure about closest to stock silicone because stock never fit me very well, but Acoustune AET07 are my current favourites. Sedna EarFit offer a more contrasty, punchy sound, while Spiral Dots are slightly more diffuse and airy but super comfortable.
Pretty much my top three - sednas, aet07, spiral dots

Jul 28, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #1,875 of 4,849
Does anyone get an A8000 vs IE900 comparison?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back