Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Mar 28, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #1,651 of 3,594
Quote:
Anything can be compared. I don't think his request was that odd.

...unless you are trying to compare apples & oranges! an impossible task i tell you. impossible!!!

Mar 28, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #1,653 of 3,594
Quote:
This makes me want to try the Momentum that much more. Thanks for that. I can also see how the Momentums are more comfy, the 1350s can be like a vice. How does the isolation compare btw? Would the Momentums be suitable on trains?

I find the isolation about the same. I use my Momentums on the plane and they're just as good as the DT1350s (without the pain on the ears with the cups putting pressure on them).

Mar 29, 2013 at 7:43 AM Post #1,654 of 3,594
Quote:
No offense but, are you really implying a comparison between IEMs and circumaural headphones? I can't give an opinion about Westone's in general, but if you're looking for commute headphones, or even everyday headphones I wouldn't recommend the Momentum. They're nice in every aspect but i see them somehow too delicate to use often IMO (plus the case is really bulky and I don't want to carry without the case)

They're sturdier than you're giving them credit for. I've had my pair for around a month now and I've been using them on my walks and at work (~2 hours walking a day). Despite me a clumsy idiot most of the time I still don't so much as a scratch on my Momentums. The headband is surprisingly strong, the cord is well managed and replaceable.  

Mar 29, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #1,655 of 3,594
If it weren't for the Soundmagics, the Momentums would be in my cross hairs. I really like the sound and comfort. I haven't heard the SMs yet, but the reviews I've read seem like a perfect match for my sound preference

Mar 29, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #1,656 of 3,594
They're sturdier than you're giving them credit for. I've had my pair for around a month now and I've been using them on my walks and at work (~2 hours walking a day). Despite me a clumsy idiot most of the time I still don't so much as a scratch on my Momentums. The headband is surprisingly strong, the cord is well managed and replaceable.  
I would like to add to how sturdy the Momentums are.

During the first month of having them, I brought them to school. I went into the library and set them on the floor for some reason. Then I by mistakely ran them over with the roller chair I was on when trying to get out of the seat. Somehow, they didn't crack or anything. I know how some people complain about how it's part plastic, but man it's strong!

Mar 29, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #1,657 of 3,594
Quote:
I would like to add to how sturdy the Momentums are.

During the first month of having them, I brought them to school. I went into the library and set them on the floor for some reason. Then I by mistakely ran them over with the roller chair I was on when trying to get out of the seat. Somehow, they didn't crack or anything. I know how some people complain about how it's part plastic, but man it's strong!

I really don't understand why some people think plastic = fragile or non-durable...

Mar 29, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #1,659 of 3,594
Aluminium is more fragile than plastic most of the times.

I have had mine for 2 month, wearing them everyday straight, when going off to work and back, have them on several hours a day, and have had doors and mop sticks poke the earcups while I'm cleaning my house/pc. Not a single scratch.

I mean they are very durable, I take care of them, but I don't baby sit them. And they do take some beating.

Mar 30, 2013 at 2:47 PM Post #1,660 of 3,594
I bought these headphones today. They sound amazing. Very neutral, yet lows, mids and highs are all as they should be. There's nothing recessed. The bass is very strong for such neutral headphones. Also detail resolution is breathtaking. I'm really glad I bought them.

Mar 30, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #1,661 of 3,594
Quote:
I bought these headphones today. They sound amazing. Very neutral, yet lows, mids and highs are all as they should be. There's nothing recessed. The bass is very strong for such neutral headphones. Also detail resolution is breathtaking. I'm really glad I bought them.

confused.gif

Mar 31, 2013 at 12:05 AM Post #1,662 of 3,594
Quote:

translation: sennheiser momentum sounds very balanced and neutral, but slight bass boost over other headphones with neutral sound signatures (like the akg for example perhaps). lol

Mar 31, 2013 at 4:49 AM Post #1,663 of 3,594
Sorry guys, I love listening to good music with quality equipment but I may not have the technical expertise or forum experience like some of you to express my thoughts. Plus, my mother tounge isn't English. What I meant was, they're neutral headphones but you can feel the bass the way the producer meant it to be. It's not somewhat weak like Q 701s (which are also neutral) or exaggerated/low quality like Beats headphones. I could say the sound signature is similar to HD 600.

As far as portable headphones go, I also have AKG K 420. I think, for the price, they're excellent portables as well. They have more bass than Momentum (bassheads might like it more) but are also less detailed. They are, however, more portable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back