Sennheiser MOMENTUM True Wireless 3 Impressions Thread
Jun 13, 2023 at 6:34 AM Post #459 of 561
You have a point, however I suspect they'll run fine without the mesh, although I haven't tried it 🙂
Hmmmmm, possibly, however the little I've read about meshes and their functionality suggests they act as a dust filter and add acoustic dampening too.

Wish there were some experts on this forum that could educate us....

EDIT: Tell you what, if a week ago, I had known what I know today, I wouldn't have returned mine!!

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2023 at 8:06 AM Post #460 of 561
Hmmmmm, possibly, however the little I've read about meshes and their functionality suggests they act as a dust filter and add acoustic dampening too.

Wish there were some experts on this forum that could educate us....

EDIT: Tell you what, if a week ago, I had known what I know today, I wouldn't have returned mine!!
If you read my replies, in the rubber tip has some sponge in it, which I suspect is part of the problem. I suspect this sponge was added as a simple and cheap solution to give the buds a warmer sound profile/enhance bass. Without this sponge it could be indeed the profile was too bright.

Regardless of the mesh being in situ, the rubber tip has some in built protection 🙂.

Jun 13, 2023 at 3:57 PM Post #461 of 561
So a little update, my earbuds started chirping at me again tonight. On taking the ear tip off I found the mesh had become dislodged. On trying to resolve this, my mesh fell on the floor, whoops. So what I did was to put the tip back on and stick it in my ear.

Now after 40mins of listening they sound fine.

On searching ebay you can get replacement self adhesive meshes in 4.2, 4.7, 5.0mm diameters. With my best guestimate and tape measure, it looks like the mesh is 5.0mm diameter. Therefore I've ordered them. I'll update when I have them.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20pcs-Du...p4429486.m46890.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Jun 16, 2023 at 8:31 AM Post #462 of 561
So a little update, my earbuds started chirping at me again tonight. On taking the ear tip off I found the mesh had become dislodged. On trying to resolve this, my mesh fell on the floor, whoops. So what I did was to put the tip back on and stick it in my ear.

Now after 40mins of listening they sound fine.

On searching ebay you can get replacement self adhesive meshes in 4.2, 4.7, 5.0mm diameters. With my best guestimate and tape measure, it looks like the mesh is 5.0mm diameter. Therefore I've ordered them. I'll update when I have them.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20pcs-Du...p4429486.m46890.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0
Please do! I will ask for a refund on my pair anyway since both buds have not only audio quality issues but also ANC (the usual chirping noise some refer to) and pairing/charging problems. I might try that fix in one of the buds just for the sake do experimenting since it probably won't void the warranty if you're careful enough.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2023 at 8:38 AM Post #463 of 561
Please do! I will ask for a refund on my pair anyway since both buds have not only audio quality issues but also ANC (the usual chirping noise some refer to) and pairing/charging problems. I might try that fix in one of the buds just for the sake do experimenting since it probably won't void the warranty if you're careful enough.
As yours have got more than just chirping, it is probably better to just send them back.

Jun 16, 2023 at 9:36 PM Post #464 of 561
amongst many others having same sad experience, the left side buds of my mtw3 went dead again after i left it idle in the case for over 1 month. the local agent promptly arranged a replacement but it seems mostly likely a not design (be it a firmware or hardware issue) when many experienced the same failure repeatedly. some other tws will also deplete their battery after idling in their case after a period of time but all of them could revive after a simple re-charging. only mtw3 went dead after the bud depletes battery. it's really a very major fault of this otherwise excellent tws.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back