Sennheiser MOMENTUM True Wireless 3 Impressions Thread
May 28, 2022 at 2:03 AM Post #121 of 561
been looking and the stock tips and have an inner diameter of the collar that hugs the nozzle of your earpiece: ~5.26mm

the Azla & spin fit all seem to be 3.6mm would that not be too tight?

cheers

May 28, 2022 at 2:18 AM Post #122 of 561
Attached a picture with the Sedna short normal (the rubber part of the stem is similar to light version). No issue to put these on.

Attachments

• IMG_2140.jpg
    IMG_2140.jpg
    861.4 KB · Views: 0
May 29, 2022 at 11:34 AM Post #123 of 561
just bought the AZLA SendnaEarFit Crystals Standard 3 pair ms/m/ml so see what happens

if i can find the right fit i might get the short Normals as here in the uk you can only buy one size and not a set of different sizes or i might not as these might be fine.

let you all know

Last edited:
May 30, 2022 at 5:17 PM Post #124 of 561
got the AZLA SendnaEarFit Crystals today and have to send them back as

1. they don't fit the case as there to long
2. because there longer than the stock tips i cannot push them in too far and the buds just hang out my ear.

so the next set is to try the TWS versions as these are 4mm long but might have to try a larger size as they will not go as deep.

@PhenixS1970 I am surprised you use the shorts as they are the same hight and thought you would have the same problem with the fit inside the charger case.

May 30, 2022 at 5:26 PM Post #125 of 561
got the AZLA SendnaEarFit Crystals today and have to send them back as

1. they don't fit the case as there to long
2. because there longer than the stock tips i cannot push them in too far and the buds just hang out my ear.

so the next set is to try the TWS versions as these are 4mm long but might have to try a larger size as they will not go as deep.

@PhenixS1970 I am surprised you use the shorts as they are the same hight and thought you would have the same problem with the fit inside the charger case.
Correct, no problems at all AZLA SednaEarfit short (normal, didn’t check the light version lately). No problem to close the box and they charge. Maybe the width of the Chrystals is a bit larger so they don’t fully insert in the case (?).

I’ll need to check, it’s possible I put on size M (and not ML as usual).

Last edited:
May 30, 2022 at 5:34 PM Post #126 of 561
Correct, no problems at all AZLA SednaEarfit short (normal, didn’t check the light version lately). No problem to close the box and they charge. Maybe the width of the Chrystals is a bit larger so they don’t fully insert in the case (?).
strange as the SednaEarfit shorts are the same dimensions and size as the AZLA SendnaEarFit Crystals only a different material. the case shuts but you can tell they don't fit as there is pressure and they don't latch properly to the magnets inside. the light versions are worse as these are 10mm high as the shorts & Crystals are 8mm high

the TWS versions are 4mm high

you can see when fitted they are much higher than the stock tips

Last edited:
May 30, 2022 at 8:18 PM Post #127 of 561
Saw a customer review somewhere talk about Bluetooth congestion issues in midtown Manhattan (NYC) so I'm wondering if anyone has experience using MTW3 in busy midtown or a similar busy area (both foot traffic and wireless congestion). I know wireless spectrum is at a premium and interference is bad news for Bluetooth. Last pair of wireless Sennheisers I tried was the Momentum 2 over-ear and I eventually dumped those because BT reception was pretty bad in my commuting area of midtown. My subsequent wireless models (Sony XM3, 4, B&O E8 3.0) have performed much better so I'm a little leery about MTW3 before I seriously consider them.

May 30, 2022 at 9:23 PM Post #128 of 561
I’ve been reaching for these over the B&O EX the past week. Really enjoying their sound, the soundstage on them is impressive, it gives everything enough room to exist, and the un EQ’d sound suits my tastes. I did have the EX slightly ahead before but would probably reverse them after this week.

May 31, 2022 at 1:13 AM Post #129 of 561
strange as the SednaEarfit shorts are the same dimensions and size as the AZLA SendnaEarFit Crystals only a different material. the case shuts but you can tell they don't fit as there is pressure and they don't latch properly to the magnets inside. the light versions are worse as these are 10mm high as the shorts & Crystals are 8mm high

the TWS versions are 4mm high

you can see when fitted they are much higher than the stock tips
Checked and I am using size M. I hear them snap/lock on the magnets of the case and no issues (As shown on my previously posted picture I fit them all the way down to the base of the nozle of the ear phones).

May 31, 2022 at 5:35 PM Post #130 of 561
oh well not to a sure as the crystals dont fit the case

also noticed there is AZLA SendnaEarFit Max for TWS and looks to have a wax guard but seem to be hard to find in the uk as well

Jun 1, 2022 at 9:21 AM Post #131 of 561
At times I'm experiencing major connectivity issues, despite not being in a heavy congested area like a bus or train.

Can this be solved with a firmware update?

Im using a Pixel 5 with android 12.

Jun 1, 2022 at 11:02 AM Post #132 of 561
At times I'm experiencing major connectivity issues, despite not being in a heavy congested area like a bus or train.

Can this be solved with a firmware update?

Im using a Pixel 5 with android 12.
Are you having pairing issues, or maintaining a connection?

Where is the source device located when listening? (I'm assuming a pocket or desktop but just to be certain)

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Jun 1, 2022 at 12:05 PM Post #133 of 561
Are you having pairing issues, or maintaining a connection?

Where is the source device located when listening? (I'm assuming a pocket or desktop but just to be certain)

The music just cuts out sporadically, doesn't happen very often tho, but when it does its very annoying.

Hmm usually it happens when my Phone is in my pocket, but it can also happen when its in my hand.

It's really hard to pin point the why its happening since its very sporadically.

Jun 2, 2022 at 8:41 AM Post #135 of 561
do the MTW3 drain the battery when not in use?
I sold my MTW1 back then because of that. Though I don't know if it's still the same for MTW2 and MTW3?
No this was resolved with the MTW2. Not an issue at all now. They've come a long way since the original!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back