Sennheiser MOMENTUM True Wireless 4
Jan 12, 2024 at 4:37 PM Post #2 of 125
Jan 12, 2024 at 4:42 PM Post #3 of 125
The Sport was demoed at CES, not the TMW4. I just got my Sony wireless earbuds replaced, and they are new on the box. I'm trying to figure out if I should sell them or buy these, so I want to read a real demo and a screenshot of the app.

Jan 12, 2024 at 5:44 PM Post #4 of 125
I've had the 1,2, and 3 and would blindly buy the 4 when available. We have the Momentum 4 headphones now and they're really a good improvement over past ones. Much simpler controls, and they feel more solid and streamlined for travel. Won't hesitate to get the ear buds. The Creative Aurvina Ace 2 arrived and really like the solid state drivers. The bass driver isn't as resolving at the momentum 3 buds though. Mids and highs are great, but only with ANC turned on or it sounds lame.

Jan 12, 2024 at 6:11 PM Post #5 of 125
I had MTW 1, 2, and 3. I had the 3 sounding perfect, but then I lost them and I could not get the new pair to sound as good. I'm luke warm on the sony's. I like the sound, and it fits me well. I have the Technics. The app is great. And the sound is great. But I tend to like to have two pairs, since I use them for long times and the battery dies on me before I can recharge. I tend to like to have two different brands, to just switch things up.

I'm so willing to try the MTW4, but I did not like the app much. Has the app gotten any better? I'm loving the app for the Technics and the sound is solid. Very different from the Sony's

Thoughts?

Mar 1, 2024 at 10:54 PM Post #11 of 125
My pair are arriving tomorrow. I lost my MTW3 months ago and waited until the MTW4 were announced to order them.

Mar 2, 2024 at 6:56 PM Post #13 of 125
UPS dropped off the MTW4 a few hours ago. I charged them up to 100% and updated the firmware. Looking forward to trying them out.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2024 at 7:01 PM Post #14 of 125
I wanted to post the years worth of RMA's from my Fedex shipping account, but they only keep 180 days. I have replaced MTW2 and MTW3 at least 6 to 10 times over the course of years, including with the shipments to extended warranty. And I got paid out on both of them. The quality control on these products is disastrous. I only bought this(with 3rd party warranty), because this has the codecs I want. On reddit the fanboys got furious at me mentioning it, and regurgitated some corporate line about how the problems only existed on the 3 with the battery. All lies.

That being said, I'm using them right now. The fit test is good, did not validate my fit when the tips where inverted in my ear even though I couldn't tell. If you take out the earbuds, it almost instantly connects(iPhone). Bluetooth has come a long way. Listening to AptX adaptive on FMA120.

I'm pretty irritated to see a screen having you select 4 different modes in the Sennheiser app. Standard, low latency, AptX adaptive, and lossless. And you need to put them in the case to restart them to take effect. The phone doesn't support any of this, so why is this shown to me? Is this implying I need to do this arduous nonsense to switch codecs with my dongle? Why?

Already ran into a bug. The multipair only supports 2 devices which is fine/obvious?. But I cannot delete one of my devices from the buds. I wouldn't care if I could add MORE than 2 devices, but windows is not detecting the buds. So I can't deduce anything from this other than it only stores 2 devices at a time which is ridiculous.

I may or may not have heard the MTW2 and MTW3 bug where the left side stays closed when you put on transparency. Given Sennheiser, I would flip a coin to assume it's already on here. I can't get any LE audio out of this which is not surprising because they said I wouldn't.

edit:
I appear to be on LC3. Not sure if accurate. Doesn't sound great but trying to configure this has been dodgy for me. I barely know how to use this atm. I am in "high resolution" mode. So it appears they were just careless in designing the iOS interface.

edit 2:Works in LC3 but does not seem to like the Auracast. The "gaming mode" with 25ms I'm waiting for seems to rely on this. Attached is the email from chipset firm explaining this. Would have liked to test the LE directly with windows but...see the bug above.
1709424155410.png

1709424571779.png

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2024 at 7:39 PM Post #15 of 125
I wanted to post the years worth of RMA's from my Fedex shipping account, but they only keep 180 days. I have replaced MTW2 and MTW3 at least 6 to 10 times over the course of years, including with the shipments to extended warranty. And I got paid out on both of them. The quality control on these products is disastrous. I only bought this(with 3rd party warranty), because this has the codecs I want. On reddit the fanboys got furious at me mentioning it, and regurgitated some corporate line about how the problems only existed on the 3 with the battery. All lies.

That being said, I'm using them right now. The fit test is good, did not validate my fit when the tips where inverted in my ear even though I couldn't tell. If you take out the earbuds, it almost instantly connects(iPhone). Bluetooth has come a long way. Listening to AptX adaptive on FMA120.

I'm pretty irritated to see a screen having you select 4 different modes in the Sennheiser app. Standard, low latency, AptX adaptive, and lossless. And you need to put them in the case to restart them to take effect. The phone doesn't support any of this, so why is this shown to me? Is this implying I need to do this arduous nonsense to switch codecs with my dongle? Why?

Already ran into a bug. The multipair only supports 2 devices which is fine/obvious?. But I cannot delete one of my devices from the buds. I wouldn't care if I could add MORE than 2 devices, but windows is not detecting the buds. So I can't deduce anything from this other than it only stores 2 devices at a time which is ridiculous.

I may or may not have heard the MTW2 and MTW3 bug where the left side stays closed when you put on transparency. Given Sennheiser, I would flip a coin to assume it's already on here. I can't get any LE audio out of this which is not surprising because they said I wouldn't.

edit:
I appear to be on LC3. Not sure if accurate. Doesn't sound great but trying to configure this has been dodgy for me. I barely know how to use this atm. I am in "high resolution" mode. So it appears they were just careless in designing the iOS interface.

edit 2:Works in LC3 but does not seem to like the Auracast. The "gaming mode" with 25ms I'm waiting for seems to rely on this. Attached is the email from chipset firm explaining this. Would have liked to test the LE directly with windows but...see the bug above.
When you say the MTW4 doesn’t like Auracast, what happens? Did you hook up to a source that transmits in BT Auracast?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back