Sennheiser Orpheus has blown my mind!
Apr 28, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #76 of 80

^Which amp is it in the last pic?

Personally, the 009 has blown my mind, has set me on a dangerous path.

Great pictures bearded man, congratulations on the purchase! How do they compare to the other Stax headphones you own, the SR-Omega and SR-009? I've always been very curious about the Orpheus, having owned an SR-009 now for more than a year. Like davidsh, it has completely blown my mind and it's hard for me to imagine a headphone sounding better, but from many reviews, it seems that the Orpheus just might.

Apr 29, 2014 at 5:12 AM Post #77 of 80
Great pictures bearded man, congratulations on the purchase! How do they compare to the other Stax headphones you own, the SR-Omega and SR-009? I've always been very curious about the Orpheus, having owned an SR-009 now for more than a year. Like davidsh, it has completely blown my mind and it's hard for me to imagine a headphone sounding better, but from many reviews, it seems that the Orpheus just might.

Thank you Jackskelly

Im my taste Orpheus is the best with no doubt.

From this three headphones 009 has the smallest soundstage and perspective.Is more like listen music in sound engineer room while Orpheus and Omega is like on concert.
009 is sometimes bit to bright and sometimes focus my attention on detail ( detail is important but first is music ).
Omega is bit darker with more color and more relaxed sound but softer and not so strong.Very magic sound.
Orpheus is the best in everything.There is so much beautiful colors then rest of headphones sound like black and white.Soundstage is very same like in Omega but Orpheus is more realistic and powerfull.
HE90 is bit like chameleon,when you play rock music they realy ROCK,there is speed ,drive powerfull bass and sharp guitars.
When you play jazz it sound nice and delicate and relaxed.He can show you big perspective on soundstage and at the same time vocal is intimate and plays just for you.

I like Orpheus the most then Omega and then 009.

Apr 29, 2014 at 10:50 AM Post #78 of 80
Thank you Jackskelly

Im my taste Orpheus is the best with no doubt.

From this three headphones 009 has the smallest soundstage and perspective.Is more like listen music in sound engineer room while Orpheus and Omega is like on concert.
009 is sometimes bit to bright and sometimes focus my attention on detail ( detail is important but first is music ).
Omega is bit darker with more color and more relaxed sound but softer and not so strong.Very magic sound.
Orpheus is the best in everything.There is so much beautiful colors then rest of headphones sound like black and white.Soundstage is very same like in Omega but Orpheus is more realistic and powerfull.
HE90 is bit like chameleon,when you play rock music they realy ROCK,there is speed ,drive powerfull bass and sharp guitars.
When you play jazz it sound nice and delicate and relaxed.He can show you big perspective on soundstage and at the same time vocal is intimate and plays just for you.

I like Orpheus the most then Omega and then 009.

Thanks for your reply bearded man. I definitely have to listen to the Orpheus and Omega whenever I get a chance at a meet. There aren't too many of them out there. I'm really enjoying the SR-009 right now though and I plan on getting different (better) amp(s) and sources to pair it with in the future. One thing I might worry about with the Orpheus or Omega is repairs, since they are older headphones and aren't being made anymore. If you ever need something repaired on the Orpheus or Omega, could you send it to Sennheiser or Stax, respectively, and have it repaired?

Apr 29, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #79 of 80
Jackskelly

I have a few spare parts for Orpheus and Omega.I have cable,headpad and earpads for Orpheus and headband,headpad,headpad holders and earpads ( Im hunting for cable) for Omega.If this parts needs to be changed I will do it myself.
There is no spare drivers for Omega and I think there's no many (or there's no at all now) drivers for Orpheus.I heard about one guy who replaced drivers in Sennheiser but price was astronomical,like for Orpheus headphones now in mint condition.
I know that's bit scary but I lives only ones and definitely not for money but for pleasure and Orpheus and Omega gives me some of this pleasure.

Listen Orpheus or Omega is unique experience.If you have chance to try it, GO.I don't think you will get same experience when listen it on meet like at home with glass of wine :wink: but you will have some idea.
To absolutely sink in this presentation you need bit of time ,no rush and peace of mind.If you get it you are in heaven :).
It's same like with classic vintage car.Test drive will not work so much ,you need sunday afternoon drive to feel like in the sixties :)

Apr 29, 2014 at 2:16 PM Post #80 of 80
Jackskelly

I have a few spare parts for Orpheus and Omega.I have cable,headpad and earpads for Orpheus and headband,headpad,headpad holders and earpads ( Im hunting for cable) for Omega.If this parts needs to be changed I will do it myself.
There is no spare drivers for Omega and I think there's no many (or there's no at all now) drivers for Orpheus.I heard about one guy who replaced drivers in Sennheiser but price was astronomical,like for Orpheus headphones now in mint condition.
I know that's bit scary but I lives only ones and definitely not for money but for pleasure and Orpheus and Omega gives me some of this pleasure.

Listen Orpheus or Omega is unique experience.If you have chance to try it, GO.I don't think you will get same experience when listen it on meet like at home with glass of wine
wink.gif
but you will have some idea.
To absolutely sink in this presentation you need bit of time ,no rush and peace of mind.If you get it you are in heaven :).
It's same like with classic vintage car.Test drive will not work so much ,you need sunday afternoon drive to feel like in the sixties :)

I think I understand what you mean. Almost everyone who's heard the Orpheus or Omega seems to have been very impressed. Apart from meets, I might try to find someone who lives in my area of the United States to audition them. I suppose the replacement parts for the Orpheus and Omega might not be a big deal, I'm sure they're expensive but they're probably worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back