Sennheiser PX100 . Fake or genuine? Never ending story :) . Photos...
Jul 3, 2012 at 12:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

garcsa

Member of the Trade: Mandarines IEM Memory Foam Eartips
Bought these on local "ebay". Everybody knows the details : shiny - matt plastic, lenght of the cable, hard case , logos colour  etc. Signs are OK. One friend of mine said :   -Forget the outher marks, the real ones have white drivers!
(  http://www.head-fi.org/t/400031/px100-disassembled )

Ok , I need to clear them anyway...

Black driver..

And now please take a look on the dome part of the membrane!

Jul 3, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #2 of 6
Seeing the Sennheiser "S" logo on the PCB tells me its legit, but you never know just how far these fakes can go.

I also wouldn't take your friend's word as gold either, unless he has actually called Sennheiser to verify his statement.

Jul 3, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #3 of 6
Hi,

Before we call these fake you have to understand that this can be a revision. Sennheiser does this and it could be a different version of the driver.

Also how do they sound to you? The PX100 has a bass heavy signature with full mids and smooth treble.

Jul 3, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #4 of 6
I had one with black plastic and newer ones with "white" clear plastic. I believe the black plastic ones are the older revision before they switched to ccaw voice coils. They have a bit less treble and more smoother presentation(from memory(I went through the copper then the ccaw version and currently on px100II)).

Personally I prefered the copper voice coil version to the ccaw but that could be because I was use to the sound sig before switching up

Jul 3, 2012 at 7:04 PM Post #5 of 6
I'd say it's more likely a revision. If it isn't then that's some incredible attention to detail on part of the faker. it has the sennheiser logo on the PCB and what I think is "sennheiser" across the diaphragm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back