Sennheiser vs Beyerdynamic
Jan 27, 2015 at 3:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mloyfa

New Head-Fier
Looking for new headphones and am willing to pay up to 250. I have a pair of Sennheiser HD280 Pros and as a first pair, i think they are great. they're durable and for what i payed, they sound good. Time for an upgrade though, and i am looking into Sennheiser and Beyerdynamic. Which company should i buy from, and which company is better?

Jan 27, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #2 of 7
Define best company. It's very subjective and I think you should rather ask what headphones suits you for your purpose. What genres are you listening to?  

Jan 27, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #5 of 7
Are you OK with open cans (they leak sound and don't isolate well)?

What equipment will be feeding and powering these cans?  Will you be using an amp?

What is the format of your music and other sounds will you be putting into these cans?

Describe the sound signature that you are seeking?

Do you plan to use them outside your home?  If so, in what way & with what equipment?

Jan 27, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #6 of 7
I do DJ so I am looking for closed cans and something durable. The hd 25 were an option but I feel they are going to be outdated soon with options like the hd8 from Senn. The hd280 made a good impression on me so I don't know know if I should stay with Senn or explore options like the dt1350 from Beyer

Jan 27, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #7 of 7
I don't really know alot about DJ'ing but if you're looking for v-shaped cans I guess V-Moda M100 with XL pads could be something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back