Setup Help - New to multiple audio devices
Jan 24, 2023 at 11:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Odessa777

New Head-Fier
Hello gang-

New member here, needing some help. I have had a fairly simple setup over the last 3 years with my THX 780 amp, SCHIT Modi running into my PC, powering a few cans I am collecting.

In 2023 I acquired a few additional pieces of hardware and I am unsure how to set it up where it all works together nicely.
I had a need for a mic and bought the Shure MV7 - Good mic but since I have my headphones running into my amp I cannot hear myself. Not a big deal. This one runs straight in using the usb cable.
However, I also have the Scarlette audio interface that I could use to run the mic through using an XLR cable. I want to use this as well to record my guitar.

My question is what is the best way to continue using my amp/DAC but also use the Scarlett with my guitar and mic? Is there a way to do this? Or do I need to hook them up to my PC separate and when I want to listen switch my audio to HEADPHONES and when I want to record I need to unplug my headphones, plug them into the Scarlett, switch the audio interface to scarlet and then record?

Does this make sense? I feel like there should be an easier way so I am not plugin equipment in and out BUT I am not a pro and am just tinkering with recording and podcasts so am not sure how to go about hooking all this up.

Thank you,
-i

Jan 25, 2023 at 12:04 AM Post #3 of 7
My question is what is the best way to continue using my amp/DAC but also use the Scarlett with my guitar and mic? Is there a way to do this? Or do I need to hook them up to my PC separate and when I want to listen switch my audio to HEADPHONES and when I want to record I need to unplug my headphones, plug them into the Scarlett, switch the audio interface to scarlet and then record?

You can set it up in Windows (somewhere in Audio properties or something) so it sees the Scarlett as an input device and the DAC as the output device.

You can't use the Scarlett as a monitor anymore with either headphones or speakers though as its ADC will be the only part getting recognized.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back