Shanling M2s Hi-Res DAP with AK4490 + MUSE8920, Bluetooth, & USB Out
Sep 21, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #1,666 of 2,460
can you give some examples? THanks

Using M2s in my pocket, I tend to pull my phone out of my pocket quite often to type and such, but now I can also quickly change the song without pulling M2s out of my pocket, so I'm holding just one device in my hand. This is the most usual way I can see it helping a user actually.

As for sending music data through BT, I cannot use it because I typically watch videos from my phone and don't have music mSDs inside.

Sep 21, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #1,667 of 2,460
I know when I am laying in bed I will have my cellphone charging on the nightstand and it is kind of nice to have the entire Tidal catalog as opposed to only my music catalog to listen too. I prefer to use the Shanling DAC over my LG G6. Once I get the LG V30 with it's quad dac setup I don't know if that would be the case.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #1,668 of 2,460
I know when I am laying in bed I will have my cellphone charging on the nightstand and it is kind of nice to have the entire Tidal catalog as opposed to only my music catalog to listen too. I prefer to use the Shanling DAC over my LG G6. Once I get the LG V30 with it's quad dac setup I don't know if that would be the case.

I don't want to ruin your fun, but I don't trust on V30 being above M2s SQ wise. I'd be happy for it to be, but just don't trust it to.

Sep 21, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #1,669 of 2,460
I don't want to ruin your fun, but I don't trust on V30 being above M2s SQ wise. I'd be happy for it to be, but just don't trust it to.
Thanks skerry please re-read my post no where did I say that I even thought that, I said I didn't know. My point would be if the V 30 sounds decent I probably would not carry two devices with me if I was not laying down in my bed.

Sep 21, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #1,671 of 2,460
TBH I don't really understand why the need of streaming from phone to the DAP :-/ Why don't we just play the music directly from the DAP?

It's handy for testing out new music from streaming services without listening through your phone. I know I prefer the sound of M2s (even via non-aptX BT) over my phone. It's honestly not something I'm using all the time, though...

Sep 21, 2017 at 10:14 PM Post #1,673 of 2,460
Using M2s in my pocket, I tend to pull my phone out of my pocket quite often to type and such, but now I can also quickly change the song without pulling M2s out of my pocket, so I'm holding just one device in my hand. This is the most usual way I can see it helping a user actually.

As for sending music data through BT, I cannot use it because I typically watch videos from my phone and don't have music mSDs inside.

It's handy for testing out new music from streaming services without listening through your phone. I know I prefer the sound of M2s (even via non-aptX BT) over my phone. It's honestly not something I'm using all the time, though...

Because I don't own all the songs I have in my various Spotify playlist.
Can I use the streaming AND transmitting BT of M2S at the same time? For eg, I connect my phone to the DAP, AND connect the DAP to my Sena SMH05. The reason for this setup is that I want to listen to music while I'm riding, then if I got phone calls incoming then the music will automatically stop and I can answer the phone, afterwards then the music will automatically resume. I wonder if this is possible.

Sep 22, 2017 at 1:16 AM Post #1,674 of 2,460
Can I use the streaming AND transmitting BT of M2S at the same time? For eg, I connect my phone to the DAP, AND connect the DAP to my Sena SMH05. The reason for this setup is that I want to listen to music while I'm riding, then if I got phone calls incoming then the music will automatically stop and I can answer the phone, afterwards then the music will automatically resume. I wonder if this is possible.

I've never tried, but I seriously doubt it. When your streaming to it from yours phone the screen shows a BT symbol and you can't navigate the device until you press the back button and exite the BT receiving mode.

Sep 22, 2017 at 2:03 AM Post #1,676 of 2,460
When streaming via Bluetooth your headset acts as a DAC, so there's no need (or advantage) for M2s in the middle, the result would be exactly the same (actually, better as audio will not go through two Bluetooth compressions when feeding directly from you phone).

Sep 22, 2017 at 3:34 AM Post #1,680 of 2,460

Having a V20 and M2s (and M1) I think there isn't a huge difference in SQ and it will likely be a matter of preference. Off the top of my head, from memory I think the M2s is a touch warmer and smoother (for lack of a better word) while the V20 I believe has more sparkle in the highs. Also I get streaming services on my V20 and like using the EQ in Power AMP more then the QE in the M2s. I get a little more bass wich I like to boot for my iSine 10s. The iSine has great bass quality and linearity but not the quantity I prefer. I would imagine the V30 will be very similar to the V20, though on paper it's has slightly superior performance.

I'm happy to use either, unless I'm using a streaming service of course.

Almost forgot, the v20 FM radio tuner is also a nice bonus that makes it worth considering of having all those options (local music, streaming and FM Radio) is appealing to you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back