Shanling M3X Portable Player - Our smallest Android Player
Feb 23, 2022 at 8:16 AM Post #1,756 of 2,447
Today I found that when using my Samsung bluetooth earbud with the M3X, the volume is very low. Even when I turn the volume all the way up to 100, it is still not loud enough. I seldom use bluetooth and had no problem with the volume in the past until today. I tried it on my Samsung phone and the volume is normal. So, the issue most likely lies with M3X and it might be due to the latest firmware update. Any idea what I could do to fix or troubleshoot it?
Try to volume up, touching right earbud. I'd that problem. Look at Samsung gear app if that option isn't active

Mar 15, 2022 at 8:00 PM Post #1,757 of 2,447
Anyone here own both M3s and M3x?

My M3s broke recently, and I'm thinking of replacing it with M3x. The Android-based DAP has appeal to me. How different do these two DAPs sound? I did like the sound of my old M3s. Does the M3x sound much different?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2022 at 9:16 PM Post #1,759 of 2,447
So which version of Google Play Store should one download from apkpure?

The mid January version mentioned earlier is no longer available on apkpure.
The latest one.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Mar 18, 2022 at 4:59 AM Post #1,760 of 2,447
Hi all...

Is anybody else experiencing issues when connecting the M3X to a laptop and transferring files. It just keeps losing connection. I'm wondering if it's because I'm using Windows 11 now?

Mar 18, 2022 at 5:50 AM Post #1,761 of 2,447
Hello,

How can I force other launcher? I have installed Nova Launcher and set it as a default launcher app, but each restart Shanling goes back to factory launcher as a default one.

Additionally, I have found that I do not have gapless in HiBy Music app. However, I do in foobar2000.
How is this gapless situation in M3x?

Overall still it's a really nice DAP but if my issues are fixed that would be 10/10 daily music source.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2022 at 7:11 AM Post #1,762 of 2,447
Hello,

How can I force other launcher? I have installed Nova Launcher and set it as a default launcher app, but each restart Shanling goes back to factory launcher as a default one.

Additionally, I have found that I do not have gapless in HiBy Music app. However, I do in foobar2000.

Overall still it's a really nice DAP but if my issues are fixed that would be 10/10 daily music source.
you can't force other launchers, Shanling said they disabled it that's the reason it goes back to default launcher every restart. I hope they fix that

Mar 18, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #1,763 of 2,447
Shanling has been talking about the addition of gapless support in their native audio player app being a top priority, but it looks like they're still not there yet.

Gapless works fine in Poweramp on M3X.

Mar 18, 2022 at 12:02 PM Post #1,764 of 2,447
Shanling has been talking about the addition of gapless support in their native audio player app being a top priority, but it looks like they're still not there yet.

Gapless works fine in Poweramp on M3X.
Shanling works on addign gapless support since a very long time. I lost hope.
However I was shocked that in HiBy Music app, which is my favourite music app on Android, does not work with gapless.
I use Hiby Music on my Xiaomi Mi 9T with flawless gapless.

On M3X I use foobar2000 for now, but I'll play with other apps as well.

Mar 19, 2022 at 11:18 AM Post #1,766 of 2,447
Hi all...

Is anybody else experiencing issues when connecting the M3X to a laptop and transferring files. It just keeps losing connection. I'm wondering if it's because I'm using Windows 11 now?
On Windows 11 i have no problems, if i have albums i want to add i just copy then paste to the window showing my sd slot with windows file manager.
Check your cable or try another one. Usb debugging turned on in developer section of the device.

Mar 19, 2022 at 11:22 AM Post #1,767 of 2,447
I got my M3X just over a week ago. A bit of a learning curve (stepping up from a Sony NW-A55), but in general really like the DAP. Most of my frustrations were around the default player app. So many strange UI problems and odd choices. I saw several recommendations for UAPP so I tried it out this morning. Wow! What a world of difference. This is the user interface I expected. So very nice. Best $7.99 I've spent in a while.

The only problem I have now is using it as a USB DAC. It will work for a few seconds and then the device hard crashes - have to hold the power button down for 12 seconds to reboot. Happens from multiple laptops on different OSes, so pretty sure it's a M3X isue. Not a huge drawback for me personally as that's not really what I bought the device for. But it would be nice to have that available.

Mar 20, 2022 at 1:02 AM Post #1,768 of 2,447
I got my M3X just over a week ago. A bit of a learning curve (stepping up from a Sony NW-A55), but in general really like the DAP. Most of my frustrations were around the default player app. So many strange UI problems and odd choices. I saw several recommendations for UAPP so I tried it out this morning. Wow! What a world of difference. This is the user interface I expected. So very nice. Best $7.99 I've spent in a while.

The only problem I have now is using it as a USB DAC. It will work for a few seconds and then the device hard crashes - have to hold the power button down for 12 seconds to reboot. Happens from multiple laptops on different OSes, so pretty sure it's a M3X isue. Not a huge drawback for me personally as that's not really what I bought the device for. But it would be nice to have that available.
did you install this already? these are windows drivers, i'm not sure if they have something for mac
- https://en.shanling.com/download/69

Mar 20, 2022 at 1:22 PM Post #1,770 of 2,447
Guys or @Shanling please could you help? I downloaded the Eddict Player from app store to my iphone 13. I want to control my M3X with my iphone. I connected them via bluetooth and selected “player side” from synclink for the player. Then on my iphone, i selected m3x player from the synclink menu. Nothing happens. I can’t see my library on my iphone neither can I remotely control my m3x player. Am I doing something wrong or iphones are still not supporting this feature?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back