Should I get speaker stands?
Jan 11, 2010 at 4:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Uri Cohen

Formerly known as HyperDuel
Please read here first before giving me advice:

Because I'm in the dorm room I can't buy the speaker stands that goes on the sides of my desk.

I should be getting this this week: Specification - BR2 | Monitor Audio

When I put these speakers on my wood desk it should be ear level to the tweeter.

Is it good enough, or do you still recommend get a cheap stand that goes on desks for them?

Jan 11, 2010 at 7:51 AM Post #2 of 7
Ear level to the tweeter = perfect. Save your money for weed and ramen

Jan 11, 2010 at 8:16 AM Post #3 of 7
you might want to isolate them from the resonation of your desk. test it out first.

i'd raise them 2-3 inches. get a stack of old magazines or something

Jan 11, 2010 at 1:37 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by anetode /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ear level to the tweeter = perfect. Save your money for weed and ramen

Lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by endless402 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you might want to isolate them from the resonation of your desk. test it out first.

i'd raise them 2-3 inches. get a stack of old magazines or something

I'll try them out when I get the speakers. I was planning to get some small concrete blocks for isolation.

Jan 11, 2010 at 7:22 PM Post #5 of 7
Concrete blocks are a good idea as well. There are so many DIY solutions. You can build a decent stand yourself with some cheap parts at Home Depot or old books (problem here is getting the same height for L and R)

Make sure you get some sort of speaker feet first. Furniture feet made of rubber or felt work really well for bookshelf speakers. Easy to stick on and take off and doesnt leave a mark.

Jan 13, 2010 at 9:15 PM Post #7 of 7
Cork Tile is good for isolation also. Or layer a cork tile then a marble tile on top of it. Theyre cheap at Home Depot, like $2.00usd and up apiece.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back