Shuoer impressions thread
Nov 26, 2020 at 7:14 AM Post #2,686 of 3,872
@twiceboss So you saying something like first impression or need to spend x hours with it?
First impression is different with a review. First impression is just like an hour or two which your first glance with the set.

A review should not be included with a brain burn in. Brain? That's a psychological experience which you have too much times with the set and you can't really find fault anymore. Why? Your brain is dead set with the sound.

Everything can sound good with a brain burn in. You gotta have some sets to twist around and found out what's the difference of the set instead 100hours non stop listening kind of review. Remember, we are comparing the sets, not worshipping the set.

Nov 26, 2020 at 7:15 AM Post #2,687 of 3,872
Normal Electrostats don't sound their best until they've been playing for a couple hours, I don't see why Electrets would be any different.
Magnetostatic isn't the same with sonion electret.

Nov 26, 2020 at 8:03 AM Post #2,689 of 3,872
This is not my 10th iem or etc. I actually have quite a lot of experience with any kind of drivers. I even had kse1200, the real estat. Brain burn in should not be in the review for me personally. What brain burn in is doing that you eventually became comfortable with the sound and thus result will vary. Review to me should be enough time to justify with his/experience without being manipulated by brain burn in. That's where honesty comes into play. Did i hate tape pro? Absolutely not. My previous post was a glowing towards Tape Pro.

P/s: noticing details is not brain burn in. Details are details. KSE1200 and VX do not need brain burn in to notice about details. Yes Tape Pro packs some serious detail as well in the upper mids no doubt.
Brain burn-in generally happens before empirical burn in so if we are doing a REVIEW then we need to wait for empirical burn in. I am not just directing this at you, in fact far from it. Reviewers in general need not to be so quick on the draw. Just IMHO.

Nov 26, 2020 at 8:14 AM Post #2,690 of 3,872
ok, this STP need juice to sound best. I'm using quedelix 5K ( balanced)output power , switching from normal to high power apparently give more resolution out of it.

Using spiral dot++ apparently tighten the low frequency. Too much quantity of lows on original spiral dot for me.

I will compare to NM2+ when I switch the STP to my M6 PRO in the weekends.

Nov 26, 2020 at 8:43 AM Post #2,692 of 3,872
Nov 26, 2020 at 9:21 AM Post #2,693 of 3,872
First impression is different with a review. First impression is just like an hour or two which your first glance with the set.

A review should not be included with a brain burn in. Brain? That's a psychological experience which you have too much times with the set and you can't really find fault anymore. Why? Your brain is dead set with the sound.

Everything can sound good with a brain burn in. You gotta have some sets to twist around and found out what's the difference of the set instead 100hours non stop listening kind of review. Remember, we are comparing the sets, not worshipping the set.

So you saying you can tolerate sibilance as long as brain burn-in? Because I certainly don't.

Nov 26, 2020 at 9:50 AM Post #2,694 of 3,872
So you saying you can tolerate sibilance as long as brain burn-in? Because I certainly don't.
There is always "too much" problem as it has limitation. Sibilance brain burn in can be done if u are working for it. You tend to change your habits to get over it. One of them is lowering the volume. Brain burn in is more than what we can think as our brain worked without our conscious at certain times.

Nov 26, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #2,696 of 3,872
i return my set of pro to shuoer to ask them check. But i doubt is a faulty set. Dont really like the sound of it.The vocal sound weird to me. Will request for refund.
It could be a faulty set because the vocal timbre of mine is noticeably quite good. Such a shame.

Nov 26, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #2,697 of 3,872
I never heard the original Shuoer Tape, but the Tape Pro is really impressive to me. I've only used it a few days, but I like what I hear. They do seem to like a bit of juice so it may not be the best for use on a low powered Mobile Phone. The cable is lovely, but it is a 2.5mm balanced with a 2.5mm to 3.5mm SE converter plug. I'm using it with a 2.5mm to a balanced FiiO 4.4mm converter plug. I have to use high gain on a HiBy R5 to get lot's of power. It has plenty of bass for me but the treble is of a very high quality indeed, highly detailed and great for violin concertos and treble orientated classical music. I don't hear any unusual upper mid peaks at all, so there is no glare in the upper mids. All together a very musical and well thought-out IEM, with surprisingly unexpected good timbre, which I like a lot. A winner to my ears.

Nov 26, 2020 at 1:02 PM Post #2,698 of 3,872
I just received the Shuoer Tape Pro from Linsoul, I haven't listen to them yet but I took some time to first make some detailed photo's:
dlAjIYh.jpg

BGN4VM5.jpg

aPKQ5C4.jpg

OPGimrF.jpg

Ozbjm39.jpg

As you can see in this last photo, both the screen/grill and both filters can be unscrewed. Although the red and black filters are different, only one side can use a filter.
I'm gonna test all different options, maybe the extra set of screens is also different from the stock installed ones. No idea yet.
To bad there's not a 2.5 to 4.4mm adapter included, so for now I will use one of my Fiio adapter cables.

Nov 26, 2020 at 1:28 PM Post #2,699 of 3,872
I just received the Shuoer Tape Pro from Linsoul, I haven't listen to them yet but I took some time to first make some detailed photo's:
dlAjIYh.jpg

BGN4VM5.jpg

aPKQ5C4.jpg

OPGimrF.jpg

Ozbjm39.jpg

As you can see in this last photo, both the screen/grill and both filters can be unscrewed. Although the red and black filters are different, only one side can use a filter.
I'm gonna test all different options, maybe the extra set of screens is also different from the stock installed ones. No idea yet.
To bad there's not a 2.5 to 4.4mm adapter included, so for now I will use one of my Fiio adapter cables.
ehm...does one side of the female 2pin stick out?

1606415320438.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back