Shure 846 in stock anywhere in Japan?
Aug 19, 2013 at 7:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

piercer

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

I had the great pleasure of testing Shure 846 IEM's at E-earphones in Akihabara last week (Really sounded amazing). Unfortunately they didn't have any in stock :frowning2:. I have tried several Yodabashi and Bic camera stores, but they too are out of stock.

Does anybody know where I might find some? Am in Takayama at the momen, but will be going to Osaka via Nagoya in a few days.

Any help would be appreciated.

Conrad

Oct 15, 2013 at 1:23 AM Post #2 of 12
Just called shure yesterday, according to one of representative they have problem in production and did not detailed the specific issue. Imo its a global recall regarding one of the driver failing.

Oct 15, 2013 at 6:04 AM Post #3 of 12
Just called shure yesterday, according to one of representative they have problem in production and did not detailed the specific issue. Imo its a global recall regarding one of the driver failing.

To my knowledge after checking with Shure in the US and an internet, there is no global recall of the SE846. The word from the largest US retailer is that Shure is having a very difficult time manufacturing the SE846 and that is causing a global shortage.

Oct 15, 2013 at 7:42 AM Post #6 of 12
I think you misinterpreting what happened. If Shure has delayed the shipments it is because they are having difficulty manufacturing the 846 not that the ones are ready produced are defective. My SE846 is truly wonderful.

Oct 15, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #7 of 12
I understand your sentiments but even the most demanding ciems in the market will somehow release one or two pcs from time to time. But dude this is global lockdown. Give me one seller in this planet that sells in the past 5 weeks?

Oct 15, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #8 of 12
Earphone Solutions. They have received two shipments. The last was in August 23rd. If it was a recall Shure being a US company would be bound by US Law to inform all known users of the recall and they have not. The low pass filter is extremely difficult to manufacture thus delaying further product.

Oct 15, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #9 of 12
Another real possibility is the custom balanced armatures. When I spoke to Shure way back they mentioned that the BAs were custom made for the 846. Shure may have a problem getting the BAs that they have contracted thus delaying all sales of 846.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back