Shure cable issue - is it fixed?
Jan 17, 2010 at 2:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Zebbie79

New Head-Fier
Hello. After getting my Shure E500 replaced for the second time due to the cable getting stiff and breaking I finally got the SE530 instead. I looked at the manufacturing date on the earphones and it says it was manufactured sometime in december 2008 (the code is 3168). Is this cable better than the ones on the E500 which I think was manufactured sometimes in 2006? I really hope so because now I only have one month of warranty left.

Jan 17, 2010 at 3:28 AM Post #2 of 9
My personal experience with their customer service suggests that their main strategy remains to replace rather than repair failed units. However, I do suggest storing and using these with care. Make sure to avoid stress on the cables, especially when you're coiling the cables. It's really too bad that their product design is nowhere near the sturdiness of, say, Westone IEMs, with their braided design.

If you're patient, wait until the new Shure IEMs come out later this year; they promise to have replaceable cables. The SE535 looks like the item to own, though the SQ will be the same as before.

Jan 17, 2010 at 5:26 AM Post #3 of 9
I've had the SE530's for 7 months, no problems at all so far.

Jan 17, 2010 at 8:30 AM Post #6 of 9
Apparently the 535 has a slight sound improvement from minor tuning. But the replaceable cable looks good. The new SE425 looks awesome too. New crossover for both models i beleive

Jan 17, 2010 at 2:51 PM Post #7 of 9
shure still has bad cables & ue does so. I can't take it serious after etys where the cable is great & super longlasting! Better wait for new shure generqation. Hope they will change it.

Jan 22, 2010 at 1:35 PM Post #8 of 9
I just sent in my 3rd pair of se530's for replacement under warranty due to the left side cabling losing sound.

May 30, 2011 at 6:25 PM Post #9 of 9

Quote:
I just sent in my 3rd pair of se530's for replacement under warranty due to the left side cabling losing sound.

Yeah, my 2nd (Shure-replaced) se530's cables started to stiffen (and then break) only 9mos after they replaced them (I used them 1-2 hrs/day). I originally bought 500s, but their cables went after about 10mos. Shure replaced them with 530s. 

Also have E2Cs -- same horrible cable issue. After I got my Sennheiser IE8s (a better IEM in almost every aspect except isolation) -- 2.5 years ago -- I stopped using Shures altogether. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back