Shure SE115 Vs Panasonic RP-HJE900 or something else up to 80 dolars
Nov 27, 2010 at 4:24 AM Post #16 of 29
@OP I've had the Shures and though I like the sound, I've had cable problems with them  So if you're careful with your toys they may last for you, if not . . . .

Nov 27, 2010 at 4:26 AM Post #18 of 29
or until it's sold out. TF10 for $95 should be best value IEM (except it can't fit you)

Quote:
Quote:
the deal for the ue is just for today?

More like, for the next hour or two.
wink.gif

Nov 27, 2010 at 6:02 PM Post #24 of 29
Sorry for the late reply. Both deals, turbine for 58 and ur for 95 were from amazon deal of the day and I hope you caught one of them. There were at least 3 threads for each of the deals. I got 2 tf10s and one turbine. Thinking about returning the turbine though. Anyway good luck.

Nov 27, 2010 at 6:28 PM Post #25 of 29

Quote:
 or until it's sold out. TF10 for $95 should be best value IEM (except it can't fit you)

Quote:
UE TF10 is not for everyone. It's one the biggest IEM. It may not fit your ears.

I never tried a UE TF10. But through the years i've read they are one of THE biggest IEM around. I had my chance to grab one today over at amazon for $95 but declined because of this reason.

Nov 27, 2010 at 11:29 PM Post #26 of 29
Man I wish I hadn't missed that deal...I totally would've jumped on that.

When you say they're the biggest, do you mean they don't fit in people's ears sometimes because they're so large, or just that's they're bulky?  They are multiple armature phones...

Nov 28, 2010 at 6:03 PM Post #27 of 29

Quote:

When you say they're the biggest, do you mean they don't fit in people's ears sometimes because they're so large, or just that's they're bulky? They are multiple armature phones...

Primarily because of their rather great physical size and comfort level . They also stick straight outwards from your ears ...

Nov 28, 2010 at 8:13 PM Post #28 of 29
In the end, I think the best US$80 IEM is either the Klipsch Image S4 or the Head Direct RE0. Based on my experience with the Image S4i, I'll take the Image hands down, mostly because you don't need a external headphone amp to get decent volume levels. Mind you, I'd recommend replacing the Klipsch-provided ear tips with the Comply Tx-100 ear tips for a better in-ear seal, though.

Nov 28, 2010 at 8:54 PM Post #29 of 29

Quote:
SE115 sucks, 'nuf said.

They still make those? I say go for the Phonaks, with these you get versatile sound options due to the three choices of filters. 
biggrin.gif
 I would not suggest the S4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back