SHURE SE535 LTD RED SWAPPING TO EARSONICS SM3V2
Dec 24, 2013 at 7:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

jeffisflyboy

Head-Fier
THIS IS MY SECOND THREAD AND I HOPE SOME OF YOU GUYS CAN GIVE AN ADVISE, I HAVE A SHURE SE535 LTD RED HERE AND CURRENTLY NOT SO HAPPY WITH THE SOUND.  MIDS AND HIGHS ARE JUST RIGHT FOR ME BUT IT LACKS SOME PUNCH IN THE BASE,  AND I WANT A BIT 3D SOUNDSTAGE, HONESTLY I CAN'T NOTICE IT TO MY SHURES, I'M ABOUT TO SWAP IT TO SOMEONE WHO HAS EARSONICS SM3V2, AS I READ SOME POST, THE SM3V2 IS CAPABLE OF SOUNDING VERY COHERENT AND ITS 3D IMAGING CAPABILITIES IS AWESOME ACCORDING TO MANY REVIEWS, BUT MY DOUBT IS MOST OF THE REVIEWS OF THE SM3V2, THEY ABLE TO ACHIEVE THAT 3D IMAGING VIA REMOVING THE SOUND FILTERS/DAMPERS, WHICH I DON'T WANT TO DO, AND SECOND, THE QUALITY OF THE CASING OF THE SM3V2 IS NOT DURABLE, I HAVE SEEN MANY PHOTOS HERE OF SM3V2 THAT HAS STARTING TO SEPARATE THE SHELLS BECAUSE OF IMPROPER GLUING OF THE CASING, AND THE QUALITY OF THE PLASTIC MATERIAL LOOKS SO FRAGILE.
frown.gif

ANY ADVISE?  OR SHOULD I STAY TO MY SHURE AND BUY A BETTER PLAYER AND HIGH UPGRADE CABLE INSTEAD?
confused.gif

Dec 24, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #2 of 8
  THIS IS MY SECOND THREAD AND I HOPE SOME OF YOU GUYS CAN GIVE AN ADVISE, I HAVE A SHURE SE535 LTD RED HERE AND CURRENTLY NOT SO HAPPY WITH THE SOUND.  MIDS AND HIGHS ARE JUST RIGHT FOR ME BUT IT LACKS SOME PUNCH IN THE BASE,  AND I WANT A BIT 3D SOUNDSTAGE, HONESTLY I CAN'T NOTICE IT TO MY SHURES, I'M ABOUT TO SWAP IT TO SOMEONE WHO HAS EARSONICS SM3V2, AS I READ SOME POST, THE SM3V2 IS CAPABLE OF SOUNDING VERY COHERENT AND ITS 3D IMAGING CAPABILITIES IS AWESOME ACCORDING TO MANY REVIEWS, BUT MY DOUBT IS MOST OF THE REVIEWS OF THE SM3V2, THEY ABLE TO ACHIEVE THAT 3D IMAGING VIA REMOVING THE SOUND FILTERS/DAMPERS, WHICH I DON'T WANT TO DO, AND SECOND, THE QUALITY OF THE CASING OF THE SM3V2 IS NOT DURABLE, I HAVE SEEN MANY PHOTOS HERE OF SM3V2 THAT HAS STARTING TO SEPARATE THE SHELLS BECAUSE OF IMPROPER GLUING OF THE CASING, AND THE QUALITY OF THE PLASTIC MATERIAL LOOKS SO FRAGILE.
frown.gif

ANY ADVISE?  OR SHOULD I STAY TO MY SHURE AND BUY A BETTER PLAYER AND HIGH UPGRADE CABLE INSTEAD?
confused.gif

a upgrade cable could help.

i will say the sm3v2 are NOT anywhere near the Durability of the se535.

a amp or better player could also be another answer. 

on the other side the sm3v2 do have great 3d imaging but there are alot of Drawback, in comparison to the se535

Dec 25, 2013 at 2:35 AM Post #3 of 8
Thank you so much, at the very first I am really doubtfull of the durability of sm3v2, that's why I didn't choose it as my first IEM, what do you think is the best amp that i can pair with these cans? my budget is only 200 buck?

Dec 25, 2013 at 6:24 AM Post #4 of 8
  Thank you so much, at the very first I am really doubtfull of the durability of sm3v2, that's why I didn't choose it as my first IEM, what do you think is the best amp that i can pair with these cans? my budget is only 200 buck?

If you decide that an amp is the way to go...my recommendation is the JDS Labs C5.  I am using it with the 535's and It is really sweet.  I find the perceived 3D imaging and sound stage to be excellent for an IEM.  My set up is: 160 Gb iPod classic > Fiio L9 > C5 > SE535.  Had the Fiio E11 amp and E07 amp/DAC...but like the sound of the JDS C5 better.

PS...C5 is < $200.

Dec 25, 2013 at 7:38 AM Post #5 of 8
Sounds interesting, thank you for the suggestion, but can I ask do you think it will sound the same if I used it in my ipad 2? Your set up is ipad classic right? I don't know if the chips on the ipad 2 are if not the same, as nearly as the ipod classic that you are using, i have an upcomming ipad 2 from my brother, by the way is the jds c5 an amplifier alone or a DAC/amp combo?

Dec 25, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #6 of 8
  Sounds interesting, thank you for the suggestion, but can I ask do you think it will sound the same if I used it in my ipad 2? Your set up is ipad classic right? I don't know if the chips on the ipad 2 are if not the same, as nearly as the ipod classic that you are using, i have an upcomming ipad 2 from my brother, by the way is the jds c5 an amplifier alone or a DAC/amp combo?

The JDS C5 is an amp only.  The AMP/DAC model is the C5D, and only works as a DAC with iOS7, I believe.  Check out the JDS web site to be sure.  You can also contact them by e-mail.  They are very good about answering e-mails, and providing guidance to help you purchase the appropriate unit for your DAP's.  (Noticed that they are closed on Christmas day.)  I use the C5 with my iPod Classic and iPad2, and find that it works equally well in combo with my SE535's on either device.  The iPod Classic is not capable of using iOS7 so using the LOD with the C5 means you are bypassing the amplifier in the iPod.  To my ears, this made a huge improvement of the SQ with the 535's and my other headphones (B&W P5).  Hope this helps.  For <$200, I have not heard a better amp than the C5, and I have tried several.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back