Signature Pro vs. LCD-2 vs. T1
Feb 3, 2013 at 4:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

AgainstTheGrain

500+ Head-Fier
I've been searching for weeks on a comparison of these 3 but one doesn't exist. I mainly listen to electronica, a lot of down tempo and atmospheric music, also jazz and classical and hip hop. Don't listen to rock so its not a factor which headphone is better with rock music.

I have a Schiit Asgard with a Bifrost on the way. I do not want to upgrade my amps right now so I want one of these headphones to work well with that combo. Music is primarily Flac and 320kbs files from my HP laptop. I use Foobar of course.

There is a strong following for the LCD-2, it is also the cheapest but its so huge. Also I have read that the Signature Pro has better bass than the LCD-2. The T1 is said to be the most balanced and have the biggest soundstage which would sound awesome. I recently sold my D7000 so I would definitely want an upgrade over them. If anyone has knowledge of these headphones and how they compare to the D7000 that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance Head-fi community.

BTW I did post this in Summit-Fi but did not get any responses. 

Feb 3, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #2 of 2
If you want an upgrade as in keeping a similar sound signature, the LCD-2 may be better than the T1. If you get the T1, you'll get an improvement in almost everything over the D7000 at the expense of the sub woofer-like bass impact. They just sound very different, I consider the T1 more of a side-grade if anything, but technically the T1 is better than the D7000 for sure. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back