SinglePower ES1 The Real Deal!
Mar 29, 2006 at 3:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 49

bozebuttons

Co-organized 1st International HF Meet (NY 2006)
Godfather of Babylon
I have had taken delivery of the ES1 at the NJ meet & have not been able to really sit down & listen to it till last Night.

I finally got my system sorted out after some changes,Got a new transport EMMlabs CDSD to pair with my Dac6e after The Phillips started acting up.

These are initial impressions,I have not done any comparisons to other amps, as the ES1 is the only amp I have had in my system since the transport change,so I am uncertain how much improvement the Transport brings to table.

I had just purchased the new Prince cd 3121 which had gotten some good reviews,so that was the first cd that saw some action.AT first listen I thought I had some problems with my system as there was some serious
distortion going on,Turns out the cd recording quality just sucks it seems as the distortion is intentional.

Next Cd up was the Eagles Hell Freezes over cd,Now we are talking ended up listening to the whole cd.My favovrite track is Hotel California.
Opening guitar rifts are easily followed,Vocals are holographic.Soundstage is incredable,If you ever saw the concert on video,you can actually see it happening in & around your Head with the ES1/HE90 combo, I was thinking to my self this is almost like listening to a 5 channel setup.The He90s just dissappear from your head.

Next up where some Tracks from Bon Jovi Cross roads CD ,Track prayer 94 is one of my favorites,Opening kick drum was very solid,I would have liked some more impact,Like what I get from the PS1s but we all know thats not going to happen,If it did the rest of my gear would be in the for sale forum
tongue.gif

Again Bon Jovi's voice is solid in my head & eveything else has its own place.Witdh is unbelievable,again the HE90 dissappears.

After listening about 3 hours I put on The new Inxs cd,I had watched Rock Star on Tv & really followed it. Jd Fortunes voice was dead on,The rest of the band was really cooking ,Instruments had excellant tonal balance.
Again the HE90s pulled their disapperance act only leaving the full performance hanging out in space with incredible detail that can Rival The 010s.

Needless to say I stayed up way to long last night & payed for it today.

The ES1 raises the bar,no doubt about it ,all impressions are with the HE90s & CDS.I have yet to try it with any of my SACD collection which The EMMlabs gear Raises the bar even further.

Hats off to Mikhail on this one,I waited a long time for this amp.
The wait was more then worth it
orphsmile.gif

Mar 29, 2006 at 9:14 AM Post #5 of 49
Glad you're enjoying your recent acquisition. Now, if only my ES-1 would get here! The Omega IIs are getting lonely just sitting in their case
frown.gif

Mar 29, 2006 at 11:25 AM Post #6 of 49
Tom,

What do you know about decent equipment and good tunes?

Suggest you get your rest and when you wake up seek out someone that can help you put together a decent rig.

This is serious stuff and you should seek out proper guidance.

See ya soon...............

Dan

Mar 29, 2006 at 1:12 PM Post #7 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyandelyse
Tom,

What do you know about decent equipment and good tunes?

Suggest you get your rest and when you wake up seek out someone that can help you put together a decent rig.

This is serious stuff and you should seek out proper guidance.

See ya soon...............

Dan

Dan,
So when are you coming over to help me out
tongue.gif

Mar 29, 2006 at 1:31 PM Post #8 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by bozebuttons
Dan,
So when are you coming over to help me out
tongue.gif

You folks make me miss New Yawk...

Mar 29, 2006 at 1:32 PM Post #9 of 49
Congrats, and thanks for sharing. I'm sure the CDSD is giving a much better foundation to everything downstream. Really looking forward to seeing and hearing at National in April - very generous of you to bring.

Appears Mikhail has created another wonderful amp for us.

I will just whisper it here, as I am sure others will shortly be yelling, but, [size=xx-small]this post is useless without pictures.[/size]
biggrin.gif

Mar 29, 2006 at 11:26 PM Post #10 of 49
Glad the wait has turned out great for you!! s Judging by yours, and the other new owners, the ES-1 is something special. Would be interested on how good SACD and the Stax phones sound with the new amp.

Mar 29, 2006 at 11:50 PM Post #11 of 49
Congrats Tom! Even from just the brief NJ meet impressions I figured you'd be pleased. Nothing like when a great piece of gear just lets you get engrossed with the music for hours on end...

Best,

-Jason

Mar 30, 2006 at 12:08 AM Post #12 of 49
Congratulations Tom. I'm glad it is worth it's weight (the wait
wink.gif
).

If you'd like, I'll be happy to come over to take and post some serious tripod pictures for you.

Mar 30, 2006 at 12:58 AM Post #13 of 49
Great. Can I buy your HEV90 now?
biggrin.gif

Mar 30, 2006 at 1:10 AM Post #15 of 49
Aaron your welcome to any time
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
Congratulations Tom. I'm glad it is worth it's weight (the wait
wink.gif
).

If you'd like, I'll be happy to come over to take and post some serious tripod pictures for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back