Sinus Infection and Head-Fi listening is awful!
Mar 12, 2012 at 7:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Mr.Sneis

Headphoneus Supremus
I've come down pretty hard the past several days with a sinus infection.  After I realized my immune system is not beating this thing and sounding like a robot when I talk, I finally went to the doctor and just got prescribed some antibodies.

I think what's most unbearable for me of this whole thing is that my ears feel hyper sensitive to sound and noises - loud noises have me shuddering, hardly can talk on my phone.  It really makes for listening to music a terrible experience though.  I'm supposed to be getting a pair of AD-2k's tomorrow too :frowning2:

Mar 12, 2012 at 7:42 PM Post #2 of 4
A sinus infection or something in January caused me to lose ~10 dB of hearing in my left ear every other day. Pretty annoying with headphones.

Mar 14, 2012 at 6:29 AM Post #3 of 4
Had it a few weeks back on the left side, didn't listen to anything for 2 weeks. As "Head injury" (how appropriate) says, you loose like 10db of your hearing but it all comes back :wink:
Have you tried bending over quickly? Hurts like hell!

Mar 15, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #4 of 4
I got an ear infection or something in my right ear along with a cold. I did a little test using a sine wave generator and noticed that anything around ~800hz and up sounds distorted in my right ear along with a tickling sensation and anything 5,000hz and up is noticeably much louder in my left ear. Lower frequencies sound the same in both ears. Essentially, my right ear is now like Bose
frown.gif

I've been taking aspirin to relieve the pain and inflammation and laying on a hot pad. It's been getting better so I hope I don't have to see a doctor.

So welcome to the club, 'tis the season
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back