Skullcandy FMJ vs Titan
Mar 28, 2010 at 5:43 PM Post #3 of 7
I am trying the Titan's as we speak -- I pretty much hate them.

None of the three tip sizes fit me. The Titans are advertised as also coming with Complys -- mine didn't.

I'm sure they would sound differently if they fit. (Duh!)

As it is, the lows are lumpy, the highs are screechy and the mids are a big dip.

I got these because of the user reviews on my dealer's site, here and elsewhere. I'm looking for a moderately-priced, good-sounding and comfortable set of IEMs for exercising and for backup to my Image X5s, my commuting on the train phones.

As mentioned, the Titans came highly recommended, the price was right and they have a built-in volume control, so you can talk to people without having to pull the plugs out of your ears.

I'm disappointed, to say the least. Perhaps I have been spoiled by the Image 5s, the best sounding (and fitting!) IEMs I have tried.

Perhaps you will fare better -- I hope so.

Mar 28, 2010 at 6:08 PM Post #4 of 7
Well I'm not an expert in these things, the best and the most expensive earphones I owned were Creative EP 630 and I liked their sound quality so, if the Skullcandys are as good, I'll be satisfied.

Mar 28, 2010 at 7:40 PM Post #5 of 7
Titans are better, although they are still rather poor in the great scheme of things. Not sure why anyone would pay money for them but for free they offer great bang/buck.

Feb 8, 2011 at 6:09 PM Post #7 of 7
sorry to bump an old thread :)

but i had to reply since i just got Skullcandy Titans..and i already have Skullcandy FMJ's.

the FMJ's have more bass, midbass, and can get a bit louder without the highs being too "bright"/hurting my ears.

my Titans are listed as 11mm, so the FMJ's i have are also probably the 11mm version (as opposed to 9mm which was reported by some folks) but have other advancements that go further than just size alone.

i also bought a pair of sennheiser cx400's..and from the looks of what i could tell they were not fake, but they were absolute CRAP compared to the FMJ's.

that's another thing i liked about Skullcandy;  you can buy them on amazon without worrying about fakes like beats by dre (monster) or sennheiser clones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back