Small AMP/DAC stack or combo unit for the Focal Celestee

Best value small AMP/DAC stack or combo unit for the Focal Celestee (under $600)

• Schiit Magni and Modi 3+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • iFi ZEN CAN stack

• Luxury and Precision W2 amp/dac dongle

• JDS Labs Element II

• Other (write suggestions down below)

• Total voters
Apr 6, 2021 at 6:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Unichu

New Head-Fier
Hi,
I am a college student looking for an amp and dac to pair with my Focal Celestees. Since my desk space is rather limited, I am looking for either a small amp/dac combo unit or a small stack. I have made a small list of possible contenders and would like some advice on which one to go for, or other suggestions.
  • Schiit magni and modi 3+
  • Topping A50S and D50S
  • iFi ZEN CAN stack
  • iFi micro iDSD Black Label
  • Luxury and Precision W2 amp/dac dongle
  • JDS Labs Element II
I am aware that these range from $198 to $599 and am willing to spend on the Black Label if it really is worth the extra near $400 over the schiit stack.
Thanks, Uni

Apr 6, 2021 at 8:02 AM Post #2 of 5
I can't say how it would match with the Celestees, but you might also want to consider an XDuoo amp / dac combo.

The unit I have sounds great, has a nice bass boost feature, puts out 500 mW of power and can be switched between battery power or powered by USB. And it's really cheap at only $150.

Another unit might want to consider is the Chord Mojo. While it's already 6 years old or so, it's still one of the best sounding dac/amp combos for around $500 although you could probably find a used unit for $300 or less.

Apr 7, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #3 of 5
You should also consider the ifi hip-dac for $149. I am happy with mine.

Apr 7, 2021 at 3:59 PM Post #5 of 5
A50s/D50S gets my vote unless you really need / want a portable setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back