small In ear headphones (going into the ear canal)
Jun 7, 2018 at 7:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

kazuma6666

New Head-Fier
Hey all,

I am looking for a new pair of headphones. I am used to having the intra in my ear canal. I bought the noble X a few months ago, but they don't fit right. Each time I move, they move too and I cannot hear correctly anymore.
I was wondering if there is any way to search for intra headphones by size, or if anyone could tell me about some audiophile IEMs that are the right size.

Thanks in advance!

Jun 7, 2018 at 8:36 AM Post #2 of 13
Perhaps Etymotic ER4 or q-Jays v2? Both are tiny and provide excellent sound.

Jun 7, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #3 of 13
Hey all,

I am looking for a new pair of headphones. I am used to having the intra in my ear canal. I bought the noble X a few months ago, but they don't fit right. Each time I move, they move too and I cannot hear correctly anymore.
I was wondering if there is any way to search for intra headphones by size, or if anyone could tell me about some audiophile IEMs that are the right size.

Thanks in advance!
Tried changing the tip size on the nobles?

Jun 8, 2018 at 3:35 AM Post #4 of 13
So yesterday after posting this I went to the comply website and ordered a lot of different foam tips so I can see how big they are. Maybe I can find something there that I will like. I tried the 100 serie from comply in S/M/L, but none of them are small enough. I will have the P serie soon, also in S/M/L. That might help.

And thanks for the info Hiflight, I will look into the IEMs you mentioned.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2018 at 3:43 AM Post #5 of 13
They are hard to find.......but try the Sony Triple Comfert Tips, also try the Sony Hybrid Tips MK2. Or try any Sony Hybrid Tips.
https://m.ebay.com/itm/SONY-EP-TC50...-Tips-for-XBA-Z5-Headphones-etc-/391746924234

Your not alone. It’s just that part of this hobby for some to try a boat-load of IEM tips. The good news is after you find a few pair of silicone tips that you like....they last. I’ve had one favorite pair of tips that I’ve used for 9 solid years. I use them out and about every day, yet they are 9 years old.

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Earbuds-Eartips-Earphone-Headsets/dp/B00D0EXM0S

Also just be aware the Nobel IEMs are a different size than usually made. My Encore nozzle tips are giant and even have a bigger ring around the end. This affects how both the IEM fits and stays in your ear, and how the tips fit in general.
Edit:
I was looking at photos of the Noble X and noticed two things. One, is the nozzle looks really short, maybe even shorter than the Encore. Two, is the fact that the nozzle tip looked really wide, round in size. You’ll notice at times it’s actually hard to get regular tips to even go on. But I would just keep trying different tips, and other than try to over-think the issue just go and try a bunch, as it may end up being the last tip you think will work.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2018 at 7:03 AM Post #7 of 13
Redcarmoose : Thanks for the info about Noble. I looked at the sony silicone tips, but I don't think it is going to help. I like foam tips because I listen to music in the subway and I need the noise reduction feature when using comply foam tips.
I'll see if any of the tips I will receive are good with the noble.

Yong_shun : I'll go and check some reviews for these. Thanks for the advice.

Jun 12, 2018 at 8:34 AM Post #8 of 13
Redcarmoose : Thanks for the info about Noble. I looked at the sony silicone tips, but I don't think it is going to help. I like foam tips because I listen to music in the subway and I need the noise reduction feature when using comply foam tips.
I'll see if any of the tips I will receive are good with the noble.

Yong_shun : I'll go and check some reviews for these. Thanks for the advice.

I coincidentally had the greatest listening experience with my Nobles last night. There is something about putting them away for a day or two and coming back to them that’s both entertaining and surprising. I hope you eventually get them to fit. I actually have maybe slighly better fitting IEMs but find the Noble sound is worth putting up with the size and fit.

And of course I’m always trying new tips to see if I can get a fit improvement.

Jun 12, 2018 at 10:17 AM Post #9 of 13
Try Westone W series.

Jun 22, 2018 at 11:07 AM Post #10 of 13
Redcarmoose: None of my tips made a better fit for the Noble X. I'm thinking of selling them on ebay or something. I am quite disappointed in my P series, which are supposed to be compatible with my Noble-x, and easier to put in my ear. Well they don't fit on the Noble-X, so it was kind of a waste.

KDphan: thanks for the tip, but I don't think they are going to fit. They use the comply "100" tips. These are the same I have with the Noble-X and they are much too big to fit in my ear.

Young_shun: I can't find comply foam tips for the campfire audio comet. They really look cool and from the review I found they sound great. But the revelation for me were final audio design E serie. It seems they are tiny, and have a good sound. I'll probably order one of those, when I decide which one I want.

Jun 22, 2018 at 11:19 AM Post #11 of 13
Redcarmoose: None of my tips made a better fit for the Noble X. I'm thinking of selling them on ebay or something. I am quite disappointed in my P series, which are supposed to be compatible with my Noble-x, and easier to put in my ear. Well they don't fit on the Noble-X, so it was kind of a waste.

KDphan: thanks for the tip, but I don't think they are going to fit. They use the comply "100" tips. These are the same I have with the Noble-X and they are much too big to fit in my ear.

Young_shun: I can't find comply foam tips for the campfire audio comet. They really look cool and from the review I found they sound great. But the revelation for me were final audio design E serie. It seems they are tiny, and have a good sound. I'll probably order one of those, when I decide which one I want.
Enjoy whatever you get!

Jul 16, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #12 of 13
I got the Dunu DN-2002 and they are great. I love the sound, it's better than the audeo PFE 122 that I had for years.

The tips are a bit too big still to be able to fit in my ear canal, but I still manage to have a better fit then with the noble. I might try the noble again one of these days.

Thanks for all the info :)

Jun 7, 2019 at 3:39 AM Post #13 of 13
Hey all,

In the end I came back to my audéo PFE because they fit just right in my ear. The Dunu DN-2002 have a better sound, but they hurt my ears because they are too big. I will look at all the advice I got here again and maybe try to find something else to replace my audeo, as I only have a dozen foam tips left. Thanks for all the advice, and let's hope I can find something to replace those audeo intras.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back