SMD diamond buffer PCBs
May 29, 2009 at 1:49 PM Post #4 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've always hated that site, the schematics are always scaled down and I can never read anything off them.

I love you too
smile.gif
Are you aware of that you can download everything in pdf, which is clearly written at the schematic pictures. It's a mystery why you want to have the schematics but never got in contact with me.

Notice that I try to get rid of the prototype boards since there are two small errors. Feel free to give me an offer for more than 10 boards.

May 29, 2009 at 2:58 PM Post #7 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by digger945 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^I would be interested in a pair of those. May I ask where you got the pcb's done with red soldermask?
Thank-you.
icon10.gif

San Francisco Circuits in San Francisco will do any solder mask color based on something from the pantone colors. I got clear once, it was pretty funny to see the copper exposed as it was.

May 29, 2009 at 5:49 PM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

I've always hated that site, the schematics are always scaled down and I can never read anything off them.

it seems you have to PAY to get proper pdf access (?)

I don't mind paying for boards but I'm not too keen to pay just to get the pdf. not sure how others feel but I'm much less inclined to have to pay FIRST before even getting into a project.

this could be a deal-killer for some of us.

May 29, 2009 at 6:37 PM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

I dont, i hated first time i go there, and - i dont go anymore ...

Assho** ... He steal other people work - do a little changes - make PCBs in some vilage in China and - now he is smart and we all are what ?

Now if you want diamond buffer schematics you have to pay, like he wake-up one sunday morning and have idea how to make a diamond buffer ?

There will be assho*** always ... AVOID - what ever he have on his site ...

May 29, 2009 at 6:55 PM Post #11 of 19
Bandwidth costs money so in order to reduce it I have this very small restriction which you will get refunded if you'll ever buy anything.

The diamond buffer is common knowledge and has been around since the 60's and you can find detailed schematics if you are really interested. You can see my design but not the part values and if you are skilled enough you can calculate them pretty easily.

What is the fuzz about really?

May 29, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
site aside, what exactly does a diamond buffer do and what's it for?

It serves as an impedance converter. If you want to drive for example headphones with extremely low distortion you can't use a single opamp because it thinks that the headphones is a heavy load. If you read the datasheet for BUF634 and also the application note for BUF634 you can get quite much info. You can also use the buffer between a potentiometer and a power amp with some meters or feet with cable.

May 29, 2009 at 7:00 PM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by deltaydeltax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
San Francisco Circuits in San Francisco will do any solder mask color based on something from the pantone colors. I got clear once, it was pretty funny to see the copper exposed as it was.

Nice! I'm happy with some other colour than green.

Most firms offer green/red/blue/black and sometimes white.

May 29, 2009 at 7:05 PM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by peranders /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bandwidth costs money so in order to reduced I have this very small restriction which you will get refunded if you'll ever buy anything. When this restriction started to work 90% of my traffic disappeared.

The diamond buffer is common knowledge and has been around since the 60's and you can found detailed schematics if you are really interested. You can see my design but not the part values and if you are skilled enough you can calculate them pretty easily.

What is the fuzz about really?

Yeah, you have to pay bandwith, like you are streming videos or something .. what ever !

But what really make me avoid your web site is :

"Cash in USD and EUR, but only bills/notes (paper money). Send the money in an envelope to my address. If you want, send as registered mail "

How about to you send me amp, and i am gonna send you money huh ?

I never see anywere this kind of "online shopping" !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back