SMSL iDEA portable dac+amp
Mar 30, 2018 at 3:41 PM Post #384 of 544
You think this one could drive 400ohms earbuds?

I don't know, but in the first smsl idea review I saw, the reviewer used it with the 300 ohm Massdrop HD 6xx headphones.

I would think 400 Ohm would be a stretch with the iDEA. It's not really designed to drive heavy loads.
But, it depends on the efficiency or sensitivity of the earbuds (i.e. dB SPL/V or dB SPL/mW).
And how loud you like to listen :wink:

I use the iDEA with my hd6xx all the time.
Full blast is louder than I would ever listen for any length of time, so I usually keep it around 75-80% volume (15-16 clicks).
Plus, I think it's clipping at full blast, but I have not measured that.

Apr 11, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #385 of 544
Guys, is there a better option here?

mnGp8lG.jpg

I have no clue which one is the best option or if it's just some ASIO option.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #386 of 544
Guys, is there a better option here?

mnGp8lG.jpg

I have no clue which one is the best option or if it's just some ASIO option.
Unless you experience playback issues with "Standard", there is no reason to change it.

Apr 12, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #388 of 544
This should be a massive upgrade from the direct output of my Galaxy S6? Or are there any issues running this from the S6? How does it compare to the Dragonfly Black and Red? I'll be using them with Oppo PM-3's.

I'm really looking for something that is:

• Super compact
  • Can be used from a phone and desktop (at work I don't want a big rig)
  • Has an input cable that can be swapped (I don't want to be stuck with either a micro usb or usb c connection on the side that goes into my phone/pc)

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #389 of 544
Yes it seems like Moto does some weird things with their phones...I tried a Zorloo ZuperDAC-S (same ESS SABRE chipset) on an old moto G and it didn't work either...I read somewhere that someone was able to get it to work by putting a USB OTG cable between the phone and the DAC. You can try that if your phone has a Micro USB connection. I plan to give it a try when I get a chance just for kicks...

I see you have both the ZuperDAC-S and the SMSL iDEA. Which of the two would you recommend with headphones?

Apr 28, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #390 of 544
sorry for asking some stupid question.

did its works with xiaomi mi5s plus (type c)

i ask this because my friend try fiio k1 using mi6 (type c) and its didnt works
and i try (by my self) using a fiio q1 mk2 and its works but its hard for connect them like always failed couple times

Users who are viewing this thread

Back