Snap! Nooooo! (Suggestions for new speaker cables?)
Jan 2, 2007 at 7:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

dcguy73

Formerly known as dc_guy
They weren't the bestest cables around, but my 3m MIT AVT 3 single-wire spaded speaker cables held up for 6 years and 4 (5?) moves. I was trying to get them to latch onto my KEF Q1 fronts tonight, and - snap! - there went the left spade and an inch and a half of cable. Urrggh.

I am not a savvy do-it-yourselfer like many of you. Repair is an unlikely option. And I do not want to venture back to that horror of audio stores, Soundworks, to try to get them to fix them -- the last pair of cables I brought back to them I never saw again.

So, suggestions for new speaker cables? I've looked through the forum, but i feel my needs are somewhat specialized. I'm looking at Denon AVR 3803-to-KEF Q1 and/or Onix SP3-to-KEF Q1 and possible upgraded monitors. I need shielded cables, as this is my combo AV/HiFi setup. Plus -- I realize this is kind of like voodoo, but I feel guilty for looking at speaker cables without those big honking MIT boxes on them. I mean, those boxes are magically responsible for great sound, right? You have to have the boxes, right? Am I cursed if I buy speaker cables without boxy things on them?

Any advice is apreciated.

Jan 2, 2007 at 8:47 PM Post #2 of 2
Okay, maybe I should be more specific and phrase it like this:

I could either repurchase my broken MIT AVT speaker cables or go with something else for my rig. Has anyone else on the forum gone from MIT speaker cabling to something else and been happier with it? (I'm looking for a nice neutral cable.) If so, please provide anecdotes. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back