Sneaker-Fi (or Shoe-Fi)
Jun 18, 2007 at 2:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 396

hugz

1000+ Head-Fier
Well there's a thread for just about every other hobby out there, so all you sneakerheads post up and show us what you have and what you want!

Or, if sneakers aren't your thing, show us whatever other shoes you have!

These are my favourite shoes; not-so-affectionately termed "clown shoes" by some of my close friends. Adidas zx500 patent pack. The laces are an "extreme tweak" by me:

clownshoeslc4.jpg

And my new shoes. Adidas NBA series limited ed: boston celtics
celticssuperstarsuf9.jpg

(i'm australian, i dont care one way or the other for any team).

And next up I'm dyin to get some miami heat shoes
adidasmiamiheatsuper1wq2.jpg

So come on.. show me what you're wearing or what you're wanting!

Jun 18, 2007 at 3:35 PM Post #2 of 396
Those adidas are making my ears hurt.

I've got a pair of all black converse high tops and a black shell top adidas.

Jun 18, 2007 at 3:39 PM Post #3 of 396
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cousin Patty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those adidas are making my ears hurt.

I've got a pair of all black converse high tops and a black shell top adidas.

which adidas? they're all adidas (i uh.. have a thing for adidas, incase no one noticed)

post pics of your shoes if you like them

Jun 18, 2007 at 11:47 PM Post #4 of 396
I'm into streetwear but not sneakers...that road is a slippery slope that leads to Magic Card-esque collections of unworn shoes that are super-limited-custom-untouchable
smily_headphones1.gif
I do have some Nike AirMax's, Vans Skate-Hi, Chucks, Zoo-Yorks, and some other random ones. Nothing fancy though or anything with a 'pack' somewhere in its name. Most are black / white / grey of some sort for maximum matchability, though I wouldn't mind a neon pair if only they went with more stuff. I can't say the same for my caps as I have a few that only work with one or two outfits...hate that!

BTW check out my site, not so much sneaker culture but somewhat related.

www.Grooveeffect.com

--Illah

Jun 19, 2007 at 1:11 AM Post #5 of 396
I'm into the whole sneaker thing (it's obviously by my avatar, not my pic though). I LOVE the Jordan 3,4,5,6, and 11, along with sb and some gr dunks, but I really prefer OG nike shoes, as I have wearable griffey diamond furys from 95, and some wearable nike cross trainers from 92 (damn the leather Nike used back then was amazing, no visible creases to this day!).
As for streetwear, gotta love lemar and dauley, along with brands like the hundreds, and TBG (from Toronto, of course).

Jun 19, 2007 at 6:49 AM Post #7 of 396
nice, i used to be in the shoe game as well... mainly into SB Dunks... but i also have a lot of other shoes that i wear... here is a picture of my dunks that i still have:

IMG_1136.jpg

Jun 19, 2007 at 6:51 AM Post #8 of 396
Al Bundy would be so proud!

Jun 19, 2007 at 10:48 AM Post #9 of 396
Shoes are just about the LAST thing I will ever spend money on. I buy ONE nice pair of shoes (usually a pair of Reebok DMX shoes, because I love the way they feel) every three or four years, and I will wear them until they have completely and utterly fallen apart. I've had my current pair for about 2 1/2 years now, and they're still holding up fairly well. They're turned dark gray and brown from all the walking through the fields that I do , though...

Jun 19, 2007 at 11:12 AM Post #10 of 396
Favorite shoes ever.. K. Abdul Jabbar Low. I'd buy them again if they ever broke on me, even though they're well worn in.
dsc00736.jpg

Also have a pair of Brooks Beasts for running and a pair of Puma Speed Cats. I love the Brooks. I hate the Pumas; I'm never wearing them again.
dsc00737.jpg

Moreover, I have a pair of Adidas Meteor track and field spikes for track. Pretty hot spikes IMHO.
dsc00560A.jpg

Not shown: a pair of Converses, a pair of Nike Waffle XC cross-country flats (really nice speedwork shoes), and numerous dress shoes.

I stopped wearing Nike (I used to be "ballin'!" but not anymore) and Puma street shoes a while ago.. I don't think I'm ever going back.

Jun 19, 2007 at 12:03 PM Post #12 of 396
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shoes are just about the LAST thing I will ever spend money on. I buy ONE nice pair of shoes (usually a pair of Reebok DMX shoes, because I love the way they feel) every three or four years, and I will wear them until they have completely and utterly fallen apart. I've had my current pair for about 2 1/2 years now, and they're still holding up fairly well. They're turned dark gray and brown from all the walking through the fields that I do , though...

Well the good thing about owning multiple pairs of shoes is that ALL shoes will die with enough use... if you have several pairs then each individual pair will get worn less, so they'll last longer

my adidas patents are my first "proper" shoes, and the reason that i went and bought the celtics ones (.. aside from them being super sexy) is that i'm worried that eventually my patents will get old and yucky (but i DO clean them every day that i wear them, with a toothbrush and soap). By having a 2nd pair of shoes, they will last twice as long. I only get to wear sneakers about 4 times a week, so each shoe will get 2 days use per week max. In wet weather, some yucky shoes come out of the closet instead

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sh0eBoX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nice, i used to be in the shoe game as well... mainly into SB Dunks... but i also have a lot of other shoes that i wear... here is a picture of my dunks that i still have:

hot damn. got any individual pictures (say.. in focus?
tongue.gif
) theres some really nice looking shoes there. I'm an adidas guy for the most part (which largely means i cannot wear nikes :p) but those are nice

Jun 19, 2007 at 1:05 PM Post #13 of 396
Quote:

Originally Posted by hugz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
which adidas? they're all adidas (i uh.. have a thing for adidas, incase no one noticed)

post pics of your shoes if you like them

the "clown" shoes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back