So, I made some binaural recordings at work yesterday.
Sep 1, 2008 at 12:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

PiccoloNamek

Headphoneus Supremus
I was sitting around with nothing to do at the moment, and I remembered that we had some unused lav mics sitting in a drawer. I saw that they were extremely small, small enough to easily fit into someone's ear canal, and that gave me an idea. Here are the results of that idea:

Me walking around:
BlaiseAural1

Our organist practicing a song:
BlaiseAural2

Except for the unfortunate clipping at the end, I am really pleased with the way the second file turned out. I might even use this technique to record our next organ concert.

Sep 1, 2008 at 10:38 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicomte
Perhaps Head-Fi could have a similar contest, such as "Hold a Hornet for a Hornet" Whomever holds it longest wins.

Winning strategy: Just squeeze very tightly.

Sep 1, 2008 at 11:01 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was sitting around with nothing to do at the moment, and I remembered that we had some unused lav mics sitting in a drawer. I saw that they were extremely small, small enough to easily fit into someone's ear canal, and that gave me an idea. Here are the results of that idea:

Me walking around:
BlaiseAural1

Our organist practicing a song:
BlaiseAural2

Except for the unfortunate clipping at the end, I am really pleased with the way the second file turned out. I might even use this technique to record our next organ concert.

Tell us more about the venue and equipment if you can!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back