Softears - Discussion & Appreciation
Jul 26, 2021 at 5:32 PM Post #541 of 1,610
Should be the other way around. Differential amplification has higher OI and also higher noise floor (though better SNR). I usually recommend SE for IEM, but in case of the lesser efficient RS10, balanced makes sense.

Not according to my testing. I measured more bass with lower impedance. It's not dramatic, but noticeable. I made no such observations with Turii or RS10, which have a flatter impedance.
You know what I totally screwed that up, i meant flat phase but was tired and stupid. My bad! You are dead on correct.

Jul 26, 2021 at 11:46 PM Post #544 of 1,610
Joining the club! Loving the sound on these. Absolute detail monster, but without sounding too clinical. Everything just sounds right, and so darn enjoyable to listen with
Buenos dias ⛱️:sun_with_face: @Charlyro222 (Thanks for the recommendation)
taken-1627355089306-edit-14845996915442.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2021 at 11:51 PM Post #545 of 1,610
Last edited:
Jul 27, 2021 at 8:15 AM Post #547 of 1,610
Joining the club! Loving the sound on these. Absolute detail monster, but without sounding too clinical. Everything just sounds right, and so darn enjoyable to listen with
Buenos dias ⛱️:sun_with_face: @Charlyro222
taken-1627355089306-edit-14845996915442.jpg
Try third party pure silver plated cable, for me is like night and day

Jul 27, 2021 at 9:30 AM Post #548 of 1,610
Being fan of single DD coherency (Rightly or wrongly) i've jus ordered the SEN IE900 but i'im lookin for another one with a different sound and the TURII is seriously in my target for the second pair. Can anybody here could feedback anything about a comparison/short impression. I read the crinacle comment but it isn't comparing even if his description tends to reveal he prefers the TURII;
thank's so much folks

Jul 27, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #549 of 1,610
Jul 27, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #550 of 1,610
Try third party pure silver plated cable, for me is like night and day
Will do try. But for now, I'm really enjoying how the stock configuration, out-of-the-box sound sounds :) It's well-balanced and very coherent from top to bottom

Jul 27, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #551 of 1,610
Being fan of single DD coherency (Rightly or wrongly) i've jus ordered the SEN IE900 but i'im lookin for another one with a different sound and the TURII is seriously in my target for the second pair. Can anybody here could feedback anything about a comparison/short impression. I read the crinacle comment but it isn't comparing even if his description tends to reveal he prefers the TURII;
thank's so much folks

I have the Turii, and it is ridiculously coherent and detailed. I haven't heard anything this layered and resolving before. I can pick out things I've never heard before in some recordings.

Fit can be a bit tricky though. Tip selection diligence is rewarded with the best sound quality possible, and can help them stay put in ears better. They're not overly huge (somewhat heavy for the size due to metal housing), but the shape means they don't lock in place like universal IEMs with shells formed closer to what I like to call 'pseudo-custom'. Also they don't isolate very well due to the number of vents.... but I'm sure that's what contributes to the large sense of space.

Jul 27, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #554 of 1,610
Are we basically stuck with vendors like Hifigo and Shenzhen for SoftEars gear? I know Penon sells the Turii, but SoftEars isn't listed as a brand on their store...at least I can't find it listed.

Jul 27, 2021 at 6:12 PM Post #555 of 1,610
I think unfortunately that's the case. It sure would be nice if there was a Softears seller in the US. Thankfully I had no issues when I ordered both the RSV and the Turii from Shenzhenaudio. But shortly after I received them there were some comments around here about their not using DHL anymore... and going with an inferior shipper instead, causing drawn out shipping times with poor tracking details. If ordering something on the level of Softears gear (with the prices they command), I'd just be sure to insist on DHL. Both the RSV and Turii came within 5 days or so once I got the shipment notification.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back