Softears - Discussion & Appreciation
Aug 10, 2021 at 6:30 PM Post #586 of 1,606
@redrol wich source/dap do you use with RSV?

Aug 13, 2021 at 9:23 PM Post #588 of 1,606
7F2F20A0-E041-4A63-B970-31F24D25E32C.jpeg
6989441F-05BB-4D6F-9FAB-DBE102D66FD6.jpeg
89C62B2F-FC8C-4B7E-B74A-D1887D2CE256.jpeg
AED0BA93-2CBC-4272-9241-C7E2AB005216.jpeg

Damn, RS10 looks more like a piece of jewelry than IEM 😂 can’t stop staring at them.

Aug 13, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #589 of 1,606
7F2F20A0-E041-4A63-B970-31F24D25E32C.jpeg6989441F-05BB-4D6F-9FAB-DBE102D66FD6.jpeg89C62B2F-FC8C-4B7E-B74A-D1887D2CE256.jpegAED0BA93-2CBC-4272-9241-C7E2AB005216.jpeg
Damn, RS10 looks more like a piece of jewelry than IEM 😂 can’t stop staring at them.
They are really quite beautiful

Aug 13, 2021 at 10:40 PM Post #590 of 1,606
7F2F20A0-E041-4A63-B970-31F24D25E32C.jpeg6989441F-05BB-4D6F-9FAB-DBE102D66FD6.jpeg89C62B2F-FC8C-4B7E-B74A-D1887D2CE256.jpegAED0BA93-2CBC-4272-9241-C7E2AB005216.jpeg
The sound too is similarly beautiful 🎶 I can't stop listening to them once plugged in

The mat in the pics looks like something from a Zen garden place
japanese-zen-sand-garden-12864337.jpg

Aug 13, 2021 at 10:48 PM Post #591 of 1,606
The sound too is similarly beautiful 🎶 I can't stop listening to them once plugged in

The mat in the pics looks like something from a Zen garden place
japanese-zen-sand-garden-12864337.jpg
5D01CF1E-E15A-4523-AA46-9D1EEC5E0A0E.jpeg

That’s where I took the pictures. You are not far off as I live in a Japanese architectural house built in 70s

D949406A-545E-4BEF-9AA0-F315432B734A.jpeg
2ECA7EAB-A048-41E8-90D9-43CBEEE7723C.jpeg

Aug 13, 2021 at 10:53 PM Post #592 of 1,606
That’s where I took the pictures. You are not far off as I live in a Japanese architectural house built in 70s

D949406A-545E-4BEF-9AA0-F315432B734A.jpeg2ECA7EAB-A048-41E8-90D9-43CBEEE7723C.jpeg
Wow, that's a cozy place to live in. Surrounded by nature :)

Aug 14, 2021 at 4:18 AM Post #595 of 1,606

D949406A-545E-4BEF-9AA0-F315432B734A.jpeg2ECA7EAB-A048-41E8-90D9-43CBEEE7723C.jpeg

Congrats Bro, amazing House!😍

Aug 14, 2021 at 11:33 PM Post #596 of 1,606
A first encounter with the RS10

rs10.jpg

Within IEM world, it feels like barely a month passes by without some new models popping up with all-conquering diamond coating or cutting-edge ESTs being touted as the latest big thing. But more and more I experience these FOTM, I gravitate more towards the IEMs that stand astride the middle ground of proven BA technology and established crossover implementation that actually deliver the more balanced performance (tonality + technicalities) thus providing greater musical enjoyment. On paper, 100db/mV sensitivity coupled with impedance of 25ohm does give you some indication of amping requirements. However, what those numbers do hide is the definite RS10's attribute, a preference for a clean and dynamic power and a thirst for electric current. This is a rare case outside of the IER-Z1R where I saw marked improvements going turbo gain on my M8.

I get quite a few people asking me what the RS10 sounds like, so I'll start with a very general description, and try to elaborate in my review later.

First of all, as you may expect from their large sized shell, they sound big. Big in the way music sounds quite tangible, and if you closed your eyes for a moment, you could be forgiven for thinking that the music coming through them is coming from musicians playing live in a well damped studio. The RS10's presentation of recorded music is refreshingly clean, with a good tonal characteristics. Bass is slightly soft hitting, but pacey and well defined. It undoubtedly lacks a bit of DD texture and slam, but within BA realm, I would say the bass is quite competent and tastefully executed. It reminds me of a bit of the VE Elysium where it lays down a taut foundation for the midrange and treble to shine. Midrange tuning of the RS10 seems to be aimed at exploring the maximum clarity, which means healthy dose of upper mids. Maybe a tad too energetic here, but thankfully no where near those harman research influenced in-your-face upper mids elevation. Treble response is very good with proficient technicalities to handle complex cymbal crashes, and sounds tonally accurate.

Within the realm of intangibles, the RS10 excels. The RS10’s technical ability is pretty incredible, with impressive detail retrieval and uncongested layering. Even with 10 BAs, it doesn't show any time domain incoherency between the drivers. Also for a tubed IEM, staging is quite spacious and exhibits accurate positioning within the sonic wall. I also think the RS10 layers better than the IER-Z1R and it’s surprisingly competent in this department. RS10 really does a good job at capturing stuff in the mix that might otherwise be buried.

Looking forward to hear more and write in-depth experience of this IEM.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2021 at 11:44 PM Post #597 of 1,606

rs10.jpg

Within IEM world, it feels like barely a month passes by without some new models popping up with all-conquering diamond coating or cutting-edge ESTs being touted as the latest big thing. But more and more I experience these FOTM, I gravitate more towards the IEMs that stand astride the middle ground of proven BA technology and established crossover implementation that actually deliver the more balanced performance (tonality + technicalities) thus providing greater musical enjoyment. On paper, 100db/mV sensitivity coupled with impedance of 25ohm does give you some indication of amping requirements. However, what those numbers do hide is the definite R10's attribute, a preference for a clean and dynamic power and a thirst for electric current. This is a rare case outside of the IER-Z1R where I saw marked improvements going turbo gain on my M8.

I get quite a few people asking me what the RS10 sounds like, so I'll start with a very general description, and try to elaborate in my review later.

First of all, as you may expect from their large sized shell, they sound big. Big in the way music sounds quite tangible, and if you closed your eyes for a moment, you could be forgiven for thinking that the music coming through them is coming from musicians playing live in a well damped studio. The RS10's presentation of recorded music is refreshingly clean, with a good tonal characteristics. Bass is slightly soft hitting, but pacey and well defined. It undoubtedly lacks a bit of DD texture, but within BA realm, I would say the bass is quite competent and tastefully executed. It reminds me of a bit of the VE Elysium where it lays down a taut foundation for the midrange and treble to shine. Midrange tuning of the RS10 seems to be aimed at exploring the maximum clarity, which means healthy dose of upper mids. Maybe a tad too energetic here, but thankfully no where near those harman research influenced in-your-face upper mids are here. Treble response is very good with proficient technicalities to handle complex cymbal crashes, and sounds tonally accurate.

Within the realm of intangibles, the RS10 excels. The RS10’s technical ability is pretty incredible, with impressive detail retrieval and uncongested layering. Even with 10 BAs, it doesn't show any time domain incoherency between the drivers. Also for a tubed IEM, staging is quite spacious and exhibits accurate positioning within the sonic wall. I also think the RS10 layers better than the IER-Z1R and it’s surprisingly competent in this department. RS10 really does a good job at capturing stuff in the mix that might otherwise be buried.

Great impressions. Makes me want to hear these for myself. Excited for your full review.

Aug 15, 2021 at 12:50 AM Post #598 of 1,606
Hey guys! Here is my review of Softears RSV. I had a great time testing and writing the review, especially when A/B testing it with some of my favourite IEMs for the comparisons section. You'll see comparisons with Moondrop S8, Moondrop A8, Craft Ears Four, Craft Ears Six, CustomArt Fibae7 and ItsFit Fusion. Check it out! If you want me to write comparisons with any other IEM I've reviewed in the past, feel free to let me know and I'll add those comparisons in too. Happy reading! :D

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2021 at 1:01 AM Post #599 of 1,606
Hey guys! Here is my review of Softears RSV. I had a great time testing and writing the review, especially when A/B testing it with some of my favourite IEMs for the comparisons section. You'll see comparisons with Moondrop S8, Moondrop A8, Craft Ears Four, Craft Ears Six, CustomArt Fibae7 and ItsFit Fusion. Check it out! If you want me to write comparisons with any other IEM I've reviewed in the past, feel free to let me know and I'll add those comparisons in too. Happy reading! :D

Great review! Thank you. It was a pleasure to read and I loved all of your comparisons.

Aug 15, 2021 at 1:09 AM Post #600 of 1,606

Within IEM world, it feels like barely a month passes by without some new models popping up with all-conquering diamond coating or cutting-edge ESTs being touted as the latest big thing. But more and more I experience these FOTM, I gravitate more towards the IEMs that stand astride the middle ground of proven BA technology and established crossover implementation that actually deliver the more balanced performance (tonality + technicalities) thus providing greater musical enjoyment. On paper, 100db/mV sensitivity coupled with impedance of 25ohm does give you some indication of amping requirements. However, what those numbers do hide is the definite R10's attribute, a preference for a clean and dynamic power and a thirst for electric current. This is a rare case outside of the IER-Z1R where I saw marked improvements going turbo gain on my M8.

First of all, as you may expect from their large sized shell, they sound big. Big in the way music sounds quite tangible, and if you closed your eyes for a moment, you could be forgiven for thinking that the music coming through them is coming from musicians playing live in a well damped studio. The RS10's presentation of recorded music is refreshingly clean, with a good tonal characteristics. Bass is slightly soft hitting, but pacey and well defined. It undoubtedly lacks a bit of DD texture, but within BA realm, I would say the bass is quite competent and tastefully executed. It reminds me of a bit of the VE Elysium where it lays down a taut foundation for the midrange and treble to shine. Midrange tuning of the RS10 seems to be aimed at exploring the maximum clarity, which means healthy dose of upper mids. Maybe a tad too energetic here, but thankfully no where near those harman research influenced in-your-face upper mids elevation. Treble response is very good with proficient technicalities to handle complex cymbal crashes, and sounds tonally accurate.

Wonderful write-up :) I wonder, since I don't listen to classical that often, how does RS10 fare with orchestral music?

Spacious wide stage, and high coherency may perhaps add to the immersion in listening experience. RS10 excels in technicalities in my opinion, the sound produced is so detailed, and positioning as well as layering of each instrument are quite remarkable. I thought that they might be good for those genre

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back