Softears - Discussion & Appreciation
Oct 28, 2021 at 11:31 AM Post #796 of 1,600
Great that you've been able to spend some time with the Turii.... Your comment about how transparent it is while remaining very musical is exactly what catches me every time I listen to it.
In that we are very much in agreement! My day with the Turii was very well spent indeed. And I am a big fan of well tuned single DD IEMs. :)

Currently, giving the Cerberus a run out with the Tralucent UberToo cable and the AK Kann Alpha. Very good vibes thus far. Another musical creation from Softears.

BF7D664E-DFDE-4768-BB66-DC35D171925D.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2021 at 6:45 PM Post #797 of 1,600
In that we are very much in agreement! My day with the Turii was very well spent indeed. And I am a big fan of well tuned single DD IEMs. :)

Currently, giving the Cerberus a run out with the Tralucent UberToo cable and the AK Kann Alpha. Very good vibes thus far. Another musical creation from Softears.

BF7D664E-DFDE-4768-BB66-DC35D171925D.jpeg
Such a great IEM. @Softears are a great company (their RSV is awesome too) and this one is an all-timer for me.

Oct 28, 2021 at 9:44 PM Post #798 of 1,600
Will find time today to spend with the RS10. Needs a bit more grunt to drive. Volume 70 high gain balanced on the Kann Alpha. Compared to 60 high gain balanced for the Cerberus and 60 high gain SE for the Turii.

Initial impressions, as I was telling @Uncle Wilson, is that it is easily the most neutral of the SoftEar IEMs. The sound signature is flatter and more neutral. It reminds me of the FitEar C435, which many people regret has now been discontinued: smooth and pristine. But denser sonics. :)

661ADD90-1C7C-4D69-A41E-D4A40845A077.jpeg

Oct 28, 2021 at 10:48 PM Post #799 of 1,600
Will find time today to spend with the RS10. Needs a bit more grunt to drive. Volume 70 high gain balanced on the Kann Alpha. Compared to 60 high gain balanced for the Cerberus and 60 high gain SE for the Turii.

Initial impressions, as I was telling @Uncle Wilson, is that it is easily the most neutral of the SoftEar IEMs. The sound signature is flatter and more neutral. It reminds me of the FitEar C435, which many people regret has now been discontinued: smooth and pristine. But denser sonics. :)

That's a nice looking cable. Pretty in black :)

RS10 is one of the most technical IEM I've heard. Neutral with ultra-high resolution. Still unbeatable in that aspect in my estimation, surprisingly too considering the RS10 was the first Softears release back in 2018

Pair them with foam tips like Comply TX400 with porous filter, and the sound became much more natural. Best of both worlds (technical & tonal/timbre)

Oct 29, 2021 at 12:43 AM Post #800 of 1,600
That's a nice looking cable. Pretty in black :)

RS10 is one of the most technical IEM I've heard. Neutral with ultra-high resolution. Still unbeatable in that aspect in my estimation, surprisingly too considering the RS10 was the first Softears release back in 2018

Pair them with foam tips like Comply TX400 with porous filter, and the sound became much more natural. Best of both worlds (technical & tonal/timbre)

Thank you! That’s the Tralucent Uber cable. It is about 10 years old but now. Back then everyone was in awe of its resolution and liquid sounds. @spkrs01 was the first to use solid core silver with gold for a wonderful cable. It is amazing how it has stood the test of time.

Yes, the RS10 is certainly a strong statement of intent! I am using the new improved ear tips from SoftEars (that’s what @Uncle Wilson was telling me). Wider and firmer stem with soft silicon. Easier to get a seal while maintaining comfort. No need for deep insertion. :)

Oct 29, 2021 at 7:34 AM Post #802 of 1,600
If I recall correctly, Softears was working on the RS10 for 2 years. Nowadays, most IEM have a development time from 1-3 months only! So the care that Softears put into it will be hard to match for a while, probably.

I use the RS10 every day at work. I love it so much! FYI, my job is selling studio monitors, so my ears are used to transparency. But having the detailed precision paired with isolation, it's a dream come true! You could really use these for mixing & mastering.

Turii is usually my pick on a Sunday, for a touch of extra musicality and wow-ness.
Cerberus is excellent for late night listening. The warmth is very enjoyable, but it takes some away of the accuracy of RS10 or the drive from Turii.
RSV is the IEM for users who want all of that (precision with a bit more musicality, warmth and energy) but are limited by budget.

If Softears keeps this level with future releases, my god, their future is bright!

Oct 29, 2021 at 8:17 AM Post #803 of 1,600
Can't wait! I heard that they're coming up with a newer entry level model. This time a hybrid configuration with a more playful/musical tuning, rather than flat neutral. Maybe a special bass recipe?

Hopefully they'll release it soon, maybe this upcoming month? :) It's exciting moreover since now Softears have partnered with MusicTeck, more people could get a taste of their house sound

Oct 29, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #804 of 1,600
Can't wait! I heard that they're coming up with a newer entry level model. This time a hybrid configuration with a more playful/musical tuning, rather than flat neutral. Maybe a special bass recipe?

Hopefully they'll release it soon, maybe this upcoming month? :) It's exciting moreover since now Softears have partnered with MusicTeck, more people could get a taste of their house sound

Indeed. SoftEars seem to be serious in their international aspirations to be partnering with Andrew and @MusicTeck. The same way they are signaling their serious intentions in South East Asia by partnering with @Uncle Wilson and Jaben.

As far as I am concerned, it can only benefit all of us for them to set up these international partnerships. :)

Oct 29, 2021 at 9:20 AM Post #805 of 1,600
If I recall correctly, Softears was working on the RS10 for 2 years. Nowadays, most IEM have a development time from 1-3 months only! So the care that Softears put into it will be hard to match for a while, probably.

I use the RS10 every day at work. I love it so much! FYI, my job is selling studio monitors, so my ears are used to transparency. But having the detailed precision paired with isolation, it's a dream come true! You could really use these for mixing & mastering.

Turii is usually my pick on a Sunday, for a touch of extra musicality and wow-ness.
Cerberus is excellent for late night listening. The warmth is very enjoyable, but it takes some away of the accuracy of RS10 or the drive from Turii.
RSV is the IEM for users who want all of that (precision with a bit more musicality, warmth and energy) but are limited by budget.

If Softears keeps this level with future releases, my god, their future is bright!
Agree on the RS10: it is wonderfully pristine and transparent.

Yes, the Turii is really wonderful. For me I find myself reaching out for the Turii whenever I want to just chill… I had to stop myself this morning. Cos I wanted to give the Cerberus some air time. So I could hear for myself the full range of the Cerberus. It would make for a wonderful everyday IEM.

Currently, I am giving the RSV some listening time. I was just telling @Uncle Wilson that, frankly speaking, the RSV is so popular because its price/performance ratio can’t be beat. Yes it is not as transparent and neutral as the RS10, but you do get the same DNA as the foundation.

I read back a few pages after @Uncle Wilson pinged me last night (cos I was raving about the Turii) to let me know about the limited edition Titanium Turii. I do hope to get my hands on one. Fingers crossed. :)

Oct 30, 2021 at 4:59 AM Post #806 of 1,600
Lazing Saturday afternoon listening with the the Turii. Decided to pair it with the Luxury & Precision W2 cos @Uncle Wilson wanted to know if they pair well. Definitely pairs with the P6Pro but what abouth the W2. Happy to say that it pairs very well. Volume 40 on high gain. Which is great news! Cos this will be one of the possible combos for when I travel again for work. :)

F0EB6E9A-CAE6-45F9-9C2B-159831F03F47.jpeg

Oct 30, 2021 at 5:55 AM Post #807 of 1,600
Just to add on since I was testing out the L&P W2 with the SoftEars: the Cerberus is also at 40 on high gain. RS10 at 55 on high gain. All on balanced output from the W2.

Oct 30, 2021 at 8:51 AM Post #808 of 1,600
Softears RSV CIEM & iFi HIP-DAC2
nice pair, love it sound

DSCF7446-1.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #809 of 1,600
Softears RSV CIEM & iFi HIP-DAC2
Really curious about that custom RSV! Because the universal version isn't handmade (unlike RS10 + Cerberus), I expect the custom RSV to have even more care taken into it. How is the fit?

My RS10 custom has something like a sound chamber after the sound tubes. We used to do it like that at Compact Monitors and it was a great way to improve treble response. I haven't seen others do it like that for a while, so I was surprised to see it on the CIEM version of RS10. (It's also easier to clean that way.)

Can you show us the other side of your RSV?

Oct 30, 2021 at 2:35 PM Post #810 of 1,600
Really curious about that custom RSV! Because the universal version isn't handmade (unlike RS10 + Cerberus), I expect the custom RSV to have even more care taken into it. How is the fit?

My RS10 custom has something like a sound chamber after the sound tubes. We used to do it like that at Compact Monitors and it was a great way to improve treble response. I haven't seen others do it like that for a while, so I was surprised to see it on the CIEM version of RS10. (It's also easier to clean that way.)

Can you show us the other side of your RSV?

I'm afraid to surprise you, my friend))) There is a "fossa" the size of a volcano crater)))) this is even more than on your RS10. Later, of course, I will take a photo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back