Softears - Discussion & Appreciation
Nov 13, 2022 at 4:33 AM Post #1,366 of 1,608
My review of the Softears Twilight on Head-Fi & The Vagrant Audiophile where a new editorial and Jazz Mixtape (below the rabbit) also awaits you — Enjoy!

For those who might have (had) fit issues with the Twilight: some might find that tilting the IEMs (a tad) forward helps.

While I have more tips on the way — I'll do all I can to make these IEM work for me — I'm currently leaning towards the Sony stock silicone tips.

Nov 21, 2022 at 9:06 AM Post #1,368 of 1,608
I recently got a pair of RSV, i like them very much. I’m supprised about the bass since i was affraid of all BA set but it’s thick and very satisfying. The only thing i would change about them is to make the treble a little bit brighter. Are these cable deppending IEM? Is it good idea to get some silver plated cable to put some light on the treble? If yes, can you suggest me something? :)

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2022 at 1:17 AM Post #1,369 of 1,608
I recently got a pair of RSV, i like them very much. I’m supprised about the bass since i was affraid of all BA set but it’s thick and very satisfying. The only thing i would change about them is to make the treble a little bit brighter. Are these cable deppending IEM? Is it good idea to get some silver plated cable to put some light on the treble? If yes, can you suggest me something? :)
Welcome to RSV club!

Yes RSV is sensitive to cable, it’s a very low impedance IEM.

However before changing the cable which generally cost $30+ at least for decent level, if you like to change the treble, Just get a pair of SpinFit W1 tip. Or if you are looking further sub-bass, Softears UC tips serves the roll.

The best of RSV is that it’s dedicatedly tuned to have perfect coherence, so I’m actually tried alot cables but went back to the original one.

If you are driving RSV with high-gain from your amp/DAP, try a low-gain mode, that’s where real magic will happen.

I still value RSV as one of my best purchase even after those kilobuck IEMs. It’s that coherent and perfectly tuned masterpiece.

Nov 22, 2022 at 1:32 AM Post #1,370 of 1,608
Welcome to RSV club!

Yes RSV is sensitive to cable, it’s a very low impedance IEM.

However before changing the cable which generally cost $30+ at least for decent level, if you like to change the treble, Just get a pair of SpinFit W1 tip. Or if you are looking further sub-bass, Softears UC tips serves the roll.

The best of RSV is that it’s dedicatedly tuned to have perfect coherence, so I’m actually tried alot cables but went back to the original one.

If you are driving RSV with high-gain from your amp/DAP, try a low-gain mode, that’s where real magic will happen.

I still value RSV as one of my best purchase even after those kilobuck IEMs. It’s that coherent and perfectly tuned masterpiece.
Yes, coherency is outstanding. No chance i will tell it’s a BA set from blind listening. I actually use them with Softears CT :D best match from all tips i own. Also i’ve ordered TRI Clarion eartips since it looks similar to Spiral Dots which were my favourite but i lost all of them. Wide bore should work really well with RSV

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2022 at 9:52 PM Post #1,371 of 1,608
The GOAT: Turii Ti

9CE569D9-3C4C-4C5A-A66B-5792B5A90918.jpeg

31CBF75F-9FDA-404B-BF5A-543D45F29F18.jpeg

Nov 24, 2022 at 3:59 AM Post #1,372 of 1,608
Love, love, love my RS10 :)

DSCF2310_2.jpg
Did you ever do a comparison with the Cerberus, which no one speaks about these days? Those were supposed to be the TOTL for SE. Thanks for any insight!

Nov 24, 2022 at 6:08 AM Post #1,373 of 1,608
Did you ever do a comparison with the Cerberus, which no one speaks about these days? Those were supposed to be the TOTL for SE. Thanks for any insight!

Yes. In short, the RS10s (as the name implies) have a neutral, fast, slightly dry sound. Cerberus, in turn, with a fairly neutral manner, offers a more gentle, enveloping, charming sound. slightly warm, very comfortable and melodic.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2022 at 2:07 PM Post #1,374 of 1,608
Yes. In short, the RS10s (as the name implies) have a neutral, fast, slightly dry sound. Cerberus, in turn, with a fairly neutral manner, offers a more gentle, enveloping, charming sound. slightly warm, very comfortable and melodic.
I saw so many others savage them in comparison, but appreciate your thoughts...would like to try softears but am currently looking for a different but as exciting (or more!) experience as I'm having currently with my Indogos. Thanks!

Nov 27, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #1,376 of 1,608
Did there excist different W1 tips ¿ otherwise I think it's very sportive to mount them on the big RSV nozzle :wink:
It Softears UC and SpinFit W1, both use similar latest generation soft and sticky clear silicone, and have wide bore, long sleeve to mount on RSV.

UC delivers more treble and boost sub-bass, W1 actually converts BA-Bass transient response to a LCP dynamic like sounding, it changes bass tonality.

On RSV I like Softears UC though.

Nov 27, 2022 at 12:52 PM Post #1,378 of 1,608
Aright, Spinfit W1 for 5-6mm nozzles whereas RSV almost 7mm diameter
Diameter, yes, but actual sound outlet is shorter than that.

W1 works well, and most importantly, I said it is controlling bass transient response is what W1 is good at, the sound needs to be interfered and interacted with W1’s bore. It doesn’t necessarily to have full exposed RSV’s outlet directly to your ear, if you want that get Spiral Dots++, it will let the outlet sound uninterrupted.

Nov 28, 2022 at 6:58 AM Post #1,379 of 1,608

Users who are viewing this thread

Back