Softer thicker earpads required for Beyerdynamic DT-250.
Jul 13, 2021 at 8:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Oluvs Buddy

New Head-Fier
I need some earpads to go with the DT-250.

Their clamp force is to high and I need thicker softer earpads which will push the drivers farther away from my ears.

It will be good if they are also larger which means less pressure and more comfort.

What third party earpads should I be looking at?

It seems that earpads made for the Sony MDR-7506, the MDR-V6 and some other headphone called the HM5 fit the DT-250.

Any others at all?

The thickness and the softness are what matter most to me.

PS. Are they any kind of mods that make headphone headbands less tight?

I thought some of my other headphones had to much clamp force but the DT-250 one takes the biscuit, and I suspect having a large than average head size doesn't help me.

Dec 4, 2022 at 4:29 PM Post #2 of 2
Did you find any earpads?

I've been using these angled hybrid pads from brainwaves on my DT 150.
HYBRID ANGLED EARPADS - VELOUR / PU LEATHER
They stay about the same distance from the ear canal but the angle gives my ears space . I have somewhat protruding ears but "normal" size and wanted thicker pads.

I bought the none angled as well but i did not like what they did to the sound. They lost bass and the sound stage got strange.

The angled ones also lost a little bass but at the same time they lost some of the directness and got a bit bigger. So with some EQ I now think they sound more relaxed. I don't use them for studio work though. The difference is not that noticeable and it's hard to compare when it takes like 5-10 minutes to swap.

The bad thing about the brainwaves is the terrible quality of the pu-leather. You get 2-3 years of use, then it disintegrates.
I'm dying to find better quality

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back