SOL Republic Amps HD vs Sennheiser CX 685 vs Denon AH-C300. (First Thread)
Jul 14, 2013 at 9:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

CMN16

New Head-Fier
Hi, after doing lots of research on potential new earphones this website was a great deal of help, so thanks for that! 

Anyways, I'm a student and stick to budget IEM's. I have been using RHA 350's and SoundMagic E10's which both sounded great, especially for their respective prices. However as my 2nd pair of RHA's have bit the dust I've decided to spend a little bit more and have come across these three earphones:

SOL Republic Amps HD - [size=1.35em]£69.99[/size]
Sennheiser CX 685 - [size=1.35em]£44.90[/size]
Denon AH-C300 - [size=1.35em]£64.99[/size]

I was hoping that I could get some help in deciding which one to get and would love to hear some feedback from you all. If it helps I listen to mainly rock/metal music and I was hoping for a bit more durability out of the new pair that I purchase. These earphones are also in and around the maximum price range I'd be willing to spend (for now). 

Thanks in advance! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 14, 2013 at 10:07 AM Post #2 of 4
Didn't listen to all the three but the Amps HD won't do good with rock because of the V shaped sound signature. (bass, treble, no mids)

Jul 14, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #3 of 4
Ah thanks for the heads up, I was on the fence about them so I'll rule them out. I've also heard great things about the Sony MDR-XB90EX's, which would be around £75ish. I'm scared about spending that much and having them break after a while though haha!

[size=1.7em]  [/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back